Not eating enough?

new_me_121911
on 1/8/12 1:49 am - Eudora, KS
 I had RNY 1 month tomorrow and I still can't eat anything or feel hungry at all! I try to drink protein shakes but it takes hours to finish 16ozs. I get light headed and feel dizzy like i'm going to faint! Is there anything With alot if protein that I can eat that is still good for me?!
Manda98
on 1/8/12 2:32 am - TX
 Cottage cheese,Greek plain  yogurt, fish, tuna w/light mayo, seafood soup, I can't handle the shakes either.
new_me_121911
on 1/8/12 2:43 am - Eudora, KS
i can ahve about half a bite of cottage cheese and i feel full.. i hvne't tried the greek yogurt yet but the fish and tun mke me feel sick like its stuck in my pouch. and i've never heard of seafood soup... where can you get that t?
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/8/12 3:00 am

Your symptoms are consistant with dehydration.  Are you drinking water in addition to protein shakes?  You need 64 oz. of fluids per day at a minimum.

Winnie

new_me_121911
on 1/8/12 3:06 am - Eudora, KS
 I continously sip on water im not sure how much i actually drink in day. I need to really start keeping better track of that.
BWB
on 1/8/12 7:49 am
 Try adding different flavored beverages with your water.  I like the lemon decaf. instant tea, cold then hot, Crystal lite lemon-limeade, jello, etc.  It was very difficult for me to get down more than a sip and gradually got easier to take a larger gulp.  

Keeves
on 1/8/12 7:03 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Tomorrow I'll be at 4 weeks, and it is has been VERY difficult to get enough food OR water down. The more time I spend on drinking leaves less time for the eating, and the more time I spend on eating leaves less time for the drinking!

On an average day I've been getting about 50 grams of protein and 50 ounces of fluid. If I have one gulp or two sips, I have to wait at least 2-3 minutes for more or else it will really hurt.

But I DID notice in the past day or two that sometime I can take a third sip okay. I hope this is not a fluke, but a sign that I'm getting back to normal. (Not TOO normal please! I want to leave that old life behind!)

Most Active
Recent Topics