Surgery Thursday

graceinpas
on 1/8/12 6:49 pm
Had a band removed 2 years ago and am now going in for the RNY after much consideration.  I sort of feel like I know what i am in for, but am not looking forward to the first three weeks.

Have been reading all of your posts daily and have learned so much.  

I thank you all for your committment to posting and hope you will allow me to ask questions.

I am especially afraid of the depression part of it......

Best,
Grace

dasie
on 1/8/12 7:16 pm

Best wishes to you Grace and praying for a fast recovery for you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 7:20 pm
 I don't recall any depressions. I had a little anxiety for a few days. 

Best of luck

Pam
Darcy S.
on 1/8/12 8:54 pm - Clinton, CT
I'm three wks out & no depression...just joy that I finally did it! Congrats!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

mustangmama
on 1/8/12 9:44 pm - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
 I got the lapband in 2001 and just had it converted to RNY on Jan. 3rd.  Must admit the pain part has been far worse than the lapband original surgery and both were done laproscopically.  I don't have any depression.  Feel great about my decision.  Going this morning for my post-op visit and to have the tube removed.  I didn't have to have one with the lapband and it hurts!!!  I don't have a high-threshold for pain, however.  My biggest fear is when I went into surgery weighing 186.0 and came home from sugery two days later weighing 195.0!!!  Most people are already dropping 10 and 20 pounds in those first couple of weeks from what I've gleamed from others' tickers.

It's probably fluid gain and the numbers are slowly starting to go down though the're not yet to 186.0. I'm following everything to a T.  No real issues other than a bout of nausea and dry heaving after imagining that I smelled burning rubber tires...it was actually the smell of smoke from someone's wood burning fireplace, but it smelled differently to me. 

One thing I love about the RNY right off the bat is I'm not hungry or craving anything....and I can really feel that the lapband is out of me.  I always hated feeling a foreign object through my skin.  I'm a stomach sleeper and that always bothered me.  Also, the vitamin regimen is very simple and I thought that would be the biggest thing to hang me up since I hate taking pills.

Good luck to you...

Most Active
Recent Topics