Right side pain

proudmama13
on 1/11/12 5:29 am - Bristol, PA
Hi All,

Let me preface this by saying that I did call my doctor and I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon...I am also 4 weeks post op from RNY surgery.  Having said that for the last few days I have been having pain on my right side that wraps around to my back.  (I don't have a gallbladder.  It was removed in 1998.)  The central pain seems to be about 5 inches to the right of my belly button (from my view when I look down) where the largest incision is and then it continues around to not quite my mid back.  I spoke with the nurse practitioner and she said she feels that it is muscular/incisional, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ache/pain before...

Any experience, strength and hope is welcome...

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 6:22 am - Canada
I had this exact same thing - and in time it went away. If I remember correctly they said it was the incision - or deeper due to the rod thingy's that were put inside. It did pass, and I remember it did really hurt and times worse than others. I do think though with any pain like that, it is always best to run it through the surgeon which are doing and that is great. I think I had a lot of trapped air /gas for a long time which caused its own uncomfortableness at times.

Good luck ! It will be better soon

Deb
Teresa B.
on 1/12/12 2:21 am - Waxahachie, TX
I had this exact same thing from about week 3 to 5.  My surgeon also said it was the muscles inside healing.  It felt like I was being stabbed when I would move weird..sitting...standing...turning.  This pain hurt worse than the acute pain right after surgery.  The first week was pretty bad but it went away as fast as it came...one day I woke up and there was no more pain.  It did make it to where I could not lay in bed comfortably and had to sleep in my recliner.

Most Active