Unflavored Protein Powder

Vargsgirl
on 1/13/12 8:18 pm - (Upper) Bucks County, PA
RNY on 01/18/12
 Can anyone recommend a unflavored protein powder?  

Thanks!!!
Lilyvalley
on 1/13/12 8:35 pm - CT
 I just ordered the Unjury one to add to my purees and soups.  I will let you know what it is like when it comes in!
redrider
on 1/13/12 9:30 pm
Unjury works well. However, Lilyvalley's remarks did prompt me to remember that you'll want to be aware of the temperature of the food or beverage to which you add the powder. I believe Unjury says not to exceed 130 degrees F?. If you do, the protein takes on a texture similar to the white of a fried egg.
BWB
on 1/13/12 11:44 pm
Unjury is my favorite because it isn't grainy. I use it in soups, tea, oatmeal, etc. Add it after you have cooked your food and it will be fine. If you mix it in milk a few hours or overnight it is even better.

Susan M.
on 1/14/12 4:41 am - Howell, MI
Unflavored Unjury is all I use, I really like it and it does not have a strong smell :) good luck.

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/14/12 5:04 am
RNY on 01/10/12
I have unflavored Jay Robb.  It doesn't work well with clear liquids (it makes them milky), but it's fine in milk-based things.
BugdocMom
on 1/14/12 3:20 pm - CA
I used to order PURE unflavored from bariatriceating.com. But recently, I was in a bind and needed some ASAP so I picked up Isopure naked unflavored at Vitamin Shoppe. I think I will stick with it. It dissolves smoothly in my coffee and doesn't seem to have a weird protein smell.
Most Active