So.....Happy, nervous, excited..

sarasin02
on 1/16/12 10:16 pm
So I have my education day next week..cant wait cuz this means I am another step closer to the rest of my life :) With my doctor the education day is half way throught the process..Now I need some advice..I quit smoking when I decided that I was going to start this process..Its been a few months had no prob with it..Now, my diet pepsi...this is another story..its like my coffee...any advice on kicking it to the curb cuz I know no carbonated bevs or caffeine right?. thnks everyone. Have a great day :)
takqia1
on 1/16/12 10:30 pm
I wasn't a smoker but I lived for diet Pepsi and was convinced my kicking the habit would make Pepsi go bankrupt...lol...
I have not had one since Sept. I'm not a coffee drinker much but I work graveyard and have had a couple cups post surgery against Drs orders.
Find a substitute you like I'm ok with chrystal light but I also like decaf teas.
It's about how bad we want to succeed.
I think you will do just fine but get rid of it before surgery its easier.
Congrats on being smoke free!
Cheers to a heathlier happier you!
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel.         
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 1:01 am
I was a diet Mountain dew addict until a month ago and I never thought I'd be able to kick drinking two cans a day as I have for like the past 10 years. Everything changed once I got my surgery date and I learned I really, really would have to give up caffeine and carbonated beverages to avoid headaches after surgery and to avoid stretching my pouch after RNY. I started my liquid diet a week ago and gave up the diet soda and haven't looked back. You'd be surprised how motivating it is to know you are having surgery and if you don't give soda up, it may compromise the results of the surgery and you may not lose weight or may have complications like gas or burping. I'm so motivated to be compliant that nothing will stop me. I hope you can do the same. Giving up a few things is so worth what we get in exchange - health, a better body, and a longer life!
sarasin02
on 1/17/12 1:51 am
thank you so much :) I know i can do it..I have cut way down..I have been getting headaches tho...I am going to givie it up..If I can give up cigarettes without looking back then soda will be a cinch..i hope..good luck to you on your journeys as well..thanks a bunch
Most Active