Dull Aching Headache

mustangmama
on 1/18/12 12:51 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Has anyone had a dull aching headache after surgery.  I'm 2-weeks post op and just started having this kind of headache 3-days ago (on Monday).

I stopped all medications prior to my surgery because I didn't want to be nauseated and trying to get the pills down postop.  However, my blood pressure is high 150/90, so I started to take my HBP meds on Monday and that's the day the headache started.

Could the meds be making my head hurt?  I wasn't experiencing a headache with the elevated BP, just after I started to take the meds for it.  

wvugal89
on 1/18/12 1:10 am - MD
I also got a headache about two weeks post op, I think it is our body adjusting to the surgery and the diet. It took a couple of days but it ultimately went away. I am not on any additional meds except for what was prescribed after surgery.

Teri-Lynn
POI

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 1:13 am
 Have you taken anything for the head ache? You might try a tylenol. 
graceinpas
on 1/18/12 1:25 am
 Yes!  I too have had the headache and woke up with one this am.  I was same as you and stopped meds to stop nausea.  Unfortunately tylenol does nothing for my headaches, excedrin migrane used to work on headaches like these.

I will be watching to see what people suggest.

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
WoodsonArcher
on 1/18/12 6:11 am - TX
I had a dull aching headache for 2 days when i started the liquid diet and when i had to go on clear liquids 2 days before surgery. The headache went away as i got used to the liquid diet.

mustangmama
on 1/18/12 8:55 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Thanks everyone.  I sent an email to my surgeon's nurse, but haven't heard back yet.

Tylenol doesn't do anything for the headache, so I've just sort of sucked it up today.  Hopefully, the headaches will go away soon.