Surpassed surgeon's goal weight!

Paula F.
on 1/18/12 10:40 am - Rochester Hills , MI
So, I had my surgery on 8/29 and pre-op was given a letter by my surgeon's office that said it is common to lose up to 33% of your excess weight.

During months 4-12 it is common to lose another 33% or 1/3 of your excess weight.  Projected weight loss at 12 mo. is 66-70% of excess weight for the bypass.  In the letter my projected goal weight was 153.

Today I weighed in at 152.5!  WooHoo!!  I saw my surgeon since the surgery and he said I can do better than the 153, if I put in the exercise and stay the course.  I sure am trying!

As a NSV, I bought a pair of size 8 jeans yesterday!  I didn't wear that small of a size last time I weighed 153.  Must be the way things are sized now, or perhaps my weight is distributed differently now.  I know it is up top as I have had to buy all new bras!!

I am so excited that I have met this first goal and wondering where the journey is going to take me from here!
wvugal89
on 1/18/12 11:30 am - MD
 Congrats!

Teri-Lynn
POI

lahairoi
on 1/18/12 12:07 pm
Totally awesome!  Congrats to you and thanks for the inspiration!

"Attitude is Altitude." Nick Vujicic

"God hasn't called me to be successful.  He's called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

Jamie B.
on 1/18/12 9:32 pm - MI
GOOD FOR YOU!! HOOORAY!! Great numbers! Good luck to you in maintenance, stay strong!
Jamie