question about pain

Healthyforme
on 1/23/12 9:57 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
I just had surgery on the 18th and as of late last night i am having pain in my lower abdomin that isn't the normal discomfort. I haven't really been able to drink much without pain and am wondering if this is normal or not? Could it be a hernia this close to surgery? Plus i have had a fever the last 2 days but incisions look fine. I have no clue, guess i can call my surgeon tomorrow if it still is bothering me.

Angie H.
on 1/23/12 10:02 am - TN
If you have a fever you should def call your doctor...

Jenspunky
on 1/23/12 10:03 am
RNY on 01/16/12

Maybe a leak? Are you hydrated?  Fever is not good.  Should always call the surgeon if you develop a fever!

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

HouptMom
on 1/23/12 10:07 am - PA
 Oh my....I agree with the others, call your surgeon.  Any fever or pain that starts increasing (it should be getting less each day not picking back up).  Maybe everything is ok, but better safe than sorry.
Good Luck and do take care!
Karen

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

terilynn112
on 1/23/12 10:08 am - maryland, NY
Could be MANY things. Please call your surgeon

Just a bit about me... and my journey to 1 year post op. I woke up on Feb 22nd (my twin son's birthday) with extreme pain in the lower left side. Everyone thought appendix. Went to the ER, taken to the OR for appendix, only to wake up with appendix and less bowel. My bowel had been torn by an adhesion when they did the RNY. It just decided to start leaking.

Then in October I started having the same pain..... same location. Put through another ct scan, and this time it was found to be HERNIAS. They were emergently repaired on the 22nd of october.

While they both were painful, I'm glad they're repaired.

Please don't put off going in.

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Zeigled
on 1/23/12 11:04 am - Parkton, MD
Could be an appendicitis too....with the fever - call the DOC right away.
HW 357 SW 341   

mustangmama
on 1/24/12 12:49 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Definitely call your surgeon.  I was in alot of pain post op and was running a fever, but all the incisions looked just right, so I waited.  When I saw him 6-days post-op, he scolded me for not calling in sooner.  Turned out i had an infection and needed anti-biotics...definitely call your surgeon.

Also, have you had a bowel movement?  I didn't for over a week and I felt alot of pains in places that didn't hurt before.  My surgeon told me to take Dulcolax and it helped.

Hope you feel better soon.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 330 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 346 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?