My surgery has been cancelled

Nycm
on 1/26/12 9:08 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 I  have had my surgery scheduled for  Jan 30 for over a month.  It was difficult to find time when my husband would be in town to stay with our three kids while I am in the hospital and my job would allow me two weeks off. I have been on the liquid diet for  11 days. I have psychologically prepared myself and my family for this. I feel horrible that my surgeon's mother died today. It is horrible and she is being buried on Monday. The surgeons office has offered for me to have surgery on Feb 6 instead. It's only a week away but it will not work with my husbands work schedule. He is leaving for Hong Kong on Sat Feb 4. He will be gone for 3 weeks. I have no one to stay with the kids while I am in the hospital. 

I am thinking about calling the surgeons office tomorrow and see if one of the other surgeon's in the office can perform my revision frm LB to RNY on Mon, Tues or Weds. I really hope someone can do it. If not I will just have to wait until the end of February if I can get the time approved off from my job. 

I feel horrible for my surgeons loss and I am so disappointed that I have to reschedule. If I have to wait until next month I will have to do the pre-surgical testing over again, get medical clearence again. Will the insurence pay again?

Anyway thanks for listening to me complain
Christine

nfarris79
on 1/26/12 9:13 am - Germantown, MD
 I'm so sorry to hear that! It sounds like you have a good presence of mind & great empathy.  I certainly hope they can have another surgeon do it, but even if not - you'll still have it done, even if it's some major hurdles to get it done! Keep the faith that things will work out!!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Cecilia W.
on 1/26/12 9:37 am - Northport, AL
RNY on 02/06/12
I know exactly how you feel. You have prepared for this, you were in the mindset, all was good to go. Then BAM, something completely out of your control shoots it all to HELL! I was right there with you a few weeks ago. My surgery was canceled due to my high thyroid level.

You are committed to this. IT WILL HAPPEN. Just take a deep breath, and know that this little speed bump will be nothing but a bad dream a year from now, when you have had your surgery, and you are on the road to health!

I would love to give you a hug. I know how frustrating this is.

mustangmama
on 1/26/12 9:56 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Gosh...how horrible, for both you and your surgeon!

Hopefully, everything works out for you.

franRN76
on 1/26/12 11:52 am - PA
u may have to get some of your labs redrawn if u have to wait longer than a month since u had them drawn..  but other than that I dont see u having to do anymore of ur pre-op testing.

kidnamedtoad
on 1/26/12 2:47 pm
What a bummer!  I am so sorry.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Ruby R.
on 1/26/12 8:10 pm
My husband had a heart attack and my surgery had to be reschedule. I even wondered if this was a sign I should not the surgery, but I rescheduled and had it done.  I am so thankful that I did.   

Ruby 
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/12 9:45 pm - Boston, MA
 How frustrating.  Your insurance will still pay and you will just have to have your labs drawn again, sorry I can imagine how stressed this makes you.  I had a very bad cold the week before my surgery and I didn't know until the DAY OF if it was going to happen or not, the unknown was so stressful!
volky64
on 1/27/12 12:17 am
That is most definitely frustrating!!!  praying that everything works out for you!!!