The big bad world out there....15 days out

graceinpas
on 1/27/12 9:28 am
 Today we had a big outing and went to the beach (its 80 here in LA).  My husband left the cooler with my protein shakes at home and we only discovered that once we were there... I was starving so he bought me some clam chowder.  I ate half of that and then 30 minutes later I was running -no joke- to find a bathroom (not fun at all).  
It was a real eyeopener that I have to go out into the world prepared to not be able to eat what is available and have little options in my purse.
Ugh.
Lesson learned.

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
StephanieF.
on 1/27/12 9:50 am
Sorry you had that experience, Grace! Ugh is right! I had similar experiences when I was early post-op. Even now I try to remember to have a packet of liquid or pwd protein in my purse and some peanut butter crackers for emergencies.

All so very worth it, nonetheless! Congratulations!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

dasie
on 1/27/12 10:43 pm
Did you drink  only the broth?  I'm curious to know what caused the issue.  Was it made w/milk like most chowders?  I was lactose intolerant for a period of time post op.  What a horrible feeling when you realized you did not have your shakes.

Most Active
Recent Topics