dehydration and sweating

kimberkim
on 1/28/12 8:46 am - Stouffville, Canada
I just got my surgery date (March 6th--yay). I forgot to ask the surgeon about dehydration. I sweat a lot. But I do drink a lot of water (at least 2 litres a day). My concern is I won't be able to drink enough water to compensate for my sweating. Has anyone had issues with dehydration? If so, what were your symptoms (so I can keep watch for). I will ask the surgeon and other people at the clinic as well, at my next appointment. But wanted to know if anyone had any issues with dehydration. Thanks for your input!
emtchick
on 1/28/12 9:05 am - bridegport , NY
First of all, congratulations on taking the big step.  It will be worth it--trust me.  I get headaches if I don't take in enough water.  I have a hard time drinking enough water as it is.  I can't guzzle that's for sure, so I try ( and I use that word loosely) to sip throughout the day.  Hope this helps.  I will be waiting for you on the "losers" bench.  LOL

205 pounds gone
Size 32 to 10-12
Panniculectomy 3/11
kimberkim
on 1/28/12 9:21 am - Stouffville, Canada
Thanks so much. I will have to learn to sip instead of chug. Will defo keep up the message board. I've never suffered from dehydration before (thanks to my water consumption--and a strong bladder). When i was a child my family joked that I was part camel in that I could intake a lot of fluids, but not have to urinate often....and that I sweated a lot too. Hoping the sweating will stop with the weightloss.
qnmimi
on 1/28/12 9:33 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Oh yeah, I can relate. Before I had my surgery a year ago, the thought of wearing a sweater anywhere indoors was repulsive. Around week 2 post op, I was absolutely freezing!! (Also a below zero weather snap here in minnesota about that time was extremely painful, and didn't help at all!!) My internal thermostat is better, but fleece anything, along with long underwear is my best friend this winter!! Good luck with your surgery too!

kidnamedtoad
on 1/28/12 10:15 am
There's a chance you won't sweat as much.  I've been cold.  A colleague who is one year out is always freezing. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Yupitsme
on 1/28/12 7:25 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 I was one that would sweat all the time. I was always hot. Just a few days post op and I was already bundling up. I'm 4 weeks out now and have yet to break a sweat. I always hated being hot and truth be told if I didn't lose any weight that alone might have been worth it. 
kimberkim
on 1/28/12 9:41 pm - Stouffville, Canada
Thanks everyone. This is awesome. Another bonus for the surgery.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics