I can eat!!

mabell1026
on 2/1/12 11:03 am - CT
 Okay OH friends, it's been 10 months and 98 lbs lost and I can eat.  The problem, I don't want to be able to eat....I know, I know, I have to fix my head, but give me a piece or chocolate and all my reasoning goes out the window.  And....to boot, I have stopped losing....HELP!!!

Zeigled
on 2/1/12 11:20 am, edited 1/31/12 11:20 pm - Parkton, MD
This is a tough one....I'm still earlier than you - only 6 1/2 months out. One peice of choc is not a problem - the box is the problem. You did say it yourself...you have to fix your head. Also try drinking a full glass of water right after the chocolate. I find that I'm satisfied after one taste (for me it would be some rice or potato) when I drink water afterward because I delay the next bite by drinking. It gives me a long enough time to re-think my decision.
HW 357 SW 341   

dianabelle12
on 2/1/12 9:39 pm
take a breathe:) You have reached your goal so u dont really need to be loosing unless u have another goal! Its ok once in awhile to have a piece of chocolate as long as its not alot all the time,relax and enjoy the new you!

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 2/1/12 9:43 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
I'm only three weeks out, but at this point I've decided that a few foods will be off my radar forever.  I know that for me one bite of something is a slippery slope, and I can't control myself once I start.

Chocolate, most kinds of bread, cookies, cupcakes, candy...  I can't have them.

I know that some people say you can do these things in moderation, but for me there is no such thing as moderation when it comes to certain foods.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Ramie A.
on 2/1/12 10:45 pm - Bronx, New York, NY
Congratulations on losing 98 pounds!!! Good luck to you, you are not alone.  I just posted this in the Rant thread but it was so topical to this thread, I thought I'd repost it.

Rant of my own.... why do carbs have to taste so damn GOOD?  I know I'm addicted to carbs and for six months I have been working to avoid the pretzels, Godiva, cookies, leftover lunches, etc etc that people at my work leave scattered about.  Eating that stuff was a major reason for my being overweight because once I started eating (even a nibble), I would feel compelled to eat a truckload. 

I do pretty good walking by and leaving it now.  But yesterday I took a mini croissant.  And OMG it was so yummy and buttery.  I wanted more!  I am definitely proud of myself that I didn't take more and that it didn't set me off on a binge, but CRAP I hate it that I still love that stuff.  It depresses me that although my tool makes it easier for me to resist than before, I am still going to have to fight these demons the rest of my life.  Sigh.

Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

Most Active
Recent Topics