Can anyone help?

mpjones
on 2/2/12 2:31 am, edited 2/2/12 2:32 am
I really could use some words of encouragement--I started a pity party yesterday about our insurance coverage and some stress it was causing me. Well, my mood has gotten at lot worse and today is even worse than yesterday--all I've done today is cry and get into spats with my DH. Usually, I can bounce back from darn near anything and just keep chugging on--not today. I'm going to be 67 so no it's NOT a hormonal thing--I just can't stop crying. Suggestions??
SherrinH
on 2/2/12 2:40 am
RNY on 01/23/12
I'm so sorry you're having a sad day. :(

When I get really blue, I honestly do this. I go to a website or watch something on TV that really makes me laugh. I'm in a sad sack mood myself today, and i've been trying to pry myself out of it using this method.

But you know what? Sometimes your emotions just need a vent. Crying isn't necessarily bad. Try not to beat yourself up for feeling sad. It's normal to feel sad when things are frustrating.

Here's hoping you smile soon. (((HUG)))

poet_kelly
on 2/2/12 2:41 am - OH
I didn't see what happened yesterday but I'm assuming your insurance isn't covering surgery or something else you would like them to cover?  You know, crying when we're disappointed is OK.  Maybe you need to give yourself a little time to feel your feelings and cry about it if you need to.

Then it's time to do something nice for yourself, something comforting.  Besides eating.

And then it's time to start brainstorming how you can get what it is you want/need.  The insurance may be making it difficult, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.  But you may have to work harder and it may take longer and you may need to get creative.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JB1114
on 2/2/12 2:42 am - Grain Valley, MO
So, I'm assuming your insurance is not cooperating and refusing to pay??  I had no problem getting approved, but I can imagine how I would fee if I had not been able to have the surgery.

Dry your tears and stop being cranky with DH.  Talk to the insurance person at your doctor's office. 

Since I don't know exactly why you're so upset, I'm not much help.  Take a deep breath and try to relax.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

mpjones
on 2/2/12 4:33 am
Thanks everyone--actually haven't been denied yet but have run into some brick walls about the extra cost I'm running into and what that extra money could be used for. This whole thing has just been so much more than I expected.Like I said I'm NOT normally this way I am--I've pretty much learned to roll with the punches--just haven't been able to do that today. Tomorrow HAS to be better !!

My orginial post is under the heading "Vent" under mp jones if that would help clear anything up as to why I'm feeling like I am. It's about 4 pages back. Once again Thanks. 
lovelife39
on 2/2/12 10:32 am
what about medicare ?
mpjones
on 2/3/12 12:34 am
Yup, have medicare but am still running into a lot of extra expenses due to not meeting the out of pocket and deductible limit  expenses. Prescritions and office visits ( and have had many many of them !!) don't count towards either of them and until we meet  them we pay 20% of what's not covered--hence the almost $300.00 for the sleep study,I also had a cardiac stress test and echocardiogram and next week is the psych ,which is going to mean more money from us. I guess what got me was reading on this forum about people that just sailed through the process--no problems with insurance--no extra "tag ons" from the insurance companies about what it takes to get qualified and of course the worry about being on a fixed income and knowing the money I'm spending on this could have  (should have) gone to her our special needs grandson. Guilt is a horrible HORRIBLE thing.

Anyway, I've settled down alot --I'm putting this whole thing into God's hands. Thank you so much for your interest in my problem. The people on this forum are awesome !!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 253 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 114 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?