Naked - Protein Zone

1SushiDiva
on 2/2/12 11:59 am - MD
Has the following Nutrients

Calories 220 Potassium 480 Mg 14 Total Carbohydrate 34 G 11 Sugars 28 G  Protein 16 G 
Is this too much sugar being 8.5 months post surgery

Bettisima
on 2/2/12 12:03 pm
It would be for me at almost 9 months out. Everyone has to make their own choices, but not enough protein for the sugar and carb spend.
poet_kelly
on 2/2/12 12:09 pm - OH
That would be far too much sugar for me.  I'd dump for sure on it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 2/3/12 2:28 am
There are MUCH better protein drinks out there, esp. ones that aren't almost double the amount of sugar over protein! YIKES! I would run from this one!

If you are trying to lose weight, you don't want to be adding in lots of excess sugar and carbs. There are lots of delcious protein powders with zero carbs and zero sugars for 100 calories and 25gm of protein.

My favorite is the About Time brand, they are delicious and mix really easily. I know others like the Isopure Zero Carb powders, or Chike, I could go on and on...but I would never touch that Naked drink!

:D

www.tryabouttime.com

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

1SushiDiva
on 2/3/12 8:34 am - MD
Well I dont dump and never have since my surgery. I have gradually added sugar back to my diet.  I stayed with equal or no sugar for months. Now I just do the all natural cane sugar and bearly any dessert. If I do its a cookie I mean one and thats around craving time..

I have had these shakes no issue what so ever.. No dumping or anything..

But what I am concerned with is to keep on loosing I have about another 45 I want to move..

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/12 9:14 am - NJ
I bet it's tasty with all that sugar - that's one way to kill the protein taste, right?  Hee hee!

Just to give you a little perspective and so  you can compare......

Protein and fat comparison aside, that has more sugar than one serving (1/2 cup or about 1 scoop) of most Ben and Jerry's ice cream!  

It has 10 more grams of sugar than a pack of Reese's PB cups (a candy bar package has 18 grams of sugar)

It has about  5 grams of sugar less than a slice of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory.

Again, that is not comparing fat or protein, but the calories are less on the ice cream and PB cups...the cheesecake has double the calories.

If you want to keep losing AND enjoy protein drinks on the go, there are lots of them that have "more bang for your buck".  

You may be able to drink them and keep losing now, but there will come a time you no longer *magically* lose weight and your body wants to hang on to every carb you eat. 

I am dealing with that now - I have to really limit my carbs to below ~35g a day if I don't want to gain - I am close to 3 years out.  

Not trying to tell you what to do -  you are a grown-up and may do as you please.  Just wanted to share my thoughts.  And that's a long answer to your question!
1SushiDiva
on 2/3/12 10:42 am - MD
I get you this is my last bought with these I will finish them up and go back to the MAX Protein.. The premade ones of course were very convienent..

And yes they do taste good LOL not real sugary b/c it says no added sugar..So I tolerated it well and I thought the amount of protein per serving was great!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views