HELP! I hate water anymore!

ShyFriend
on 2/9/12 3:02 pm, edited 2/9/12 3:03 pm
Hi!
I haven't had surgery yet but I am very picky about my water. First I use a reverse osmosis filter. Then I take tha****er and run it though a "ZeroWater" (R) Filter. What I get is water with no TDS Chlorine, Fluoride or anything else...just pure water. I am not sure what the ph of it is.

Other things you can try:
(yes the zerowater thing is a bit extreme and depending how clean or unclean your water is expensive)

1. "Cucumber water" Put several slices of Cucumber in a pitcher of water and enjoy.
2. you already got the suggestions of lemon or lime water you can also try orange slices or grapefruit. (not my favs)
3. Vanilla water 1 tsp or Tbsp of Vanilla extract in a large glass of water gives new flavor and an unexpected sweetness.
4. Explore other extracts Min****er is super refreshing cooling and quenching in the summertime....
For the most part I like my water room temp, it goes down easier.

Hope my suggestions are helpful!
Cheers!!! (toasting you with a glass of zerowater)
ShyFriend

Just Keep Swimming!  
littleskie
on 2/9/12 9:08 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
For me I think its the surface tension of the water that messes with me so much. If I drink plain water my pouch hurts.

So I use those crystal light, or the walmart version, packets to add to my water. If i'm in a restaurant I will add a couple packs of splenda to the water. It helps so much.

I will also use lemon or lime juice and sometimes I will add one of my torani or davinci syrups. Makes for some neat combinations too...lol.

I have even added vanilla extract, banana extract, as well as maple and other types/flavors. With the extracts tho I still have to add a couple packs of splenda or other type of artificial sweetener.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

syarbroG-5
on 2/9/12 9:46 pm

Before surgery, I too was an everyday water drinker. But my taste buds changed some.
I know sometimes when I tire of plain water, I try to enhance it with something extra. I also buy this in lemon. Just a hint of orange that does not take over the water. I bought this at Big Lots for $1. At other stores like Walmart or Kroger around $2.                                  sharon
p.s. I hate Crystal Light..................... any flavor...............

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SafetyTurtle
on 2/9/12 10:09 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but...

If it weren't for Diet Sierra Mist, Sprite Zero, Diet Cherry 7 Up, and Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale, I am damn near positive I would have returned the the hospital for IV fluids many more times than the 3 I already did in the first 5 weeks.  We spent probably upwards of $50 on flavorings and such, made flavored ice cubes, all of it was sickening.  The texture of water feels different, and to me it has a moldy or mildewy taste and smell.  I've used filters.  It doesn't matter.  Chock it up to post WLS.

Anyhow, my surgeon and dietician okay'd diet pop (or soda if you will).  It cannot stretch your pouch.  Really and seriously.  I buy 2 liters and that way they get a little flat as soon as they're opened.  I have had a little discomfort drinking it from the can or fountain drinks, so I just drink it at room temp and slightly less fizzy.  I've always been a room temp drinker though.  

Now that I'm further out, I do force myself to drink at least 20 oz of water a day in addition to the diet pop, that way I stay a water based creature and not a Sprite Zero hybrid LoL

Talk to your surgeon...I think diet pop is better than dehydration, and so did mine.  I stick to caffeine free but will have a Cherry Coke Zero a few times a week.  

Gina :~)
Celia S.
on 2/9/12 11:30 pm - Grand Junction, CO
If it weren't for Propel Zero and Crystal Light, I'm certain I would have lived in the hospital for the past few months.

I tried MiO and they were great for a while, but they got played out and now I can barely stomach them. I LOVE lemonade and Crystal Light's lemonade flavor is awesome!

I also have to have my drinks ice cold. Right after surgery it hurt to drink anything that wasn't room temp, but now it's just not good if it's not cold. lol My NUT has cautioned me about consuming anything at extreme temperatures, but it doesn't hurt me at all and it's the only way I'm getting my fluids in.
undergoingchange
on 2/10/12 12:39 pm
You can also get True Lime like the True Orange and True Lemon.  Right now I am really enjoying SoBe Lifewater Zero.  I like the flavors better than Vitamin Water Zero.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 79 views