When size 10 jeans are too BIG!

Nessy2976
on 2/10/12 2:21 pm - MD
I had been stalled for quite some time and thought if I stayed at a size 10 that would be ok. I mean after all, losing so much weight so fast has been awesome! The stall broke two weeks ago and now my size 10's slide right off without even unzipping!!!  This is TOOOOOOOOOOO freakin AWESOME!!!!! I am only 6 months out and I know the weight will start to come off more slowly now, but I can't help but wonder what my size will be when I start to stabilize? I really do feel like the shrinking woman!  I LOVE MY RNY!!!  Have a GREAT day ALL!!!!  
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Reel
on 2/10/12 3:59 pm

Size 10 jeans at 188 pounds...huh.  Well that's good. When I weighed 180 pounds I was a size 14, and I was squeezing into that 14. Interesting that we all wear different sizes at different weights. I guess it also boils down to height and bone structure.

bowknot
on 2/10/12 9:23 pm
I'm 5"8'ish and 175#. I'm a size 14/sometimes 12. I have a strong hourglass shape with rounded hips and thighs. Body types carry weight differently. If I ever got to the 8/10 size, I'd look too skinny. I could still stand to lose 10 more pounds though.

Kay
dasie
on 2/10/12 11:00 pm
Did your size change after PS?

bowknot
on 2/11/12 2:36 am
I'm not wearing pants much these days. I wear mostly dresses and leggings. I'll guess that I'm down about half a size. I'm still healing and there is still swelling.

Kay
dasie
on 2/11/12 8:30 am
I've noticed on the PS board people are wearing yoga pants.  What are they...I feel uninformed for asking that.  I suppose a large pajama type bottom is okay as long as the waist isn't constricted and overly tight?

Laura in Texas
on 2/11/12 10:00 pm
Yoga pants are kinda like thinner sweat pants that are more fitted usually with a drawstring waist. Pajama bottoms would be fine. You just won't feel like wearing anything fitted because of the swelling. I was 4 inches bigger right after surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

dasie
on 2/11/12 11:46 pm
Thanks

Michelle E.
on 2/11/12 9:14 pm

Hey Kay,

I am 5'11 172 and still wearing my size 12s from New York & Co.. It also has to do with your frame and muscle mass.. I think my hip bones are wide

Also, clothes in Macys and Old Navy are sized more generously.. I suppose I could go to Old Navy and buy a size 8.. but who are we really fooling..

Michelle

dasie
on 2/10/12 11:06 pm
This surgery does weird things to the way we lose...at least it has for me.  I have weighed what I weigh now years ago when I was much younger, but I did not wear the size I now wear, and I was not as lean as I am now.  I would say my size now is all due to vanity sizing, but at this weight at 56 I am much more lean and lost the weight differently over my body  than when I weighed this weight at age 30, and I worked out back then too and was way more active.  It must be the way they size women's clothes now in conjunction with how our bodies respond to this surgery....as part of it????

Most Active
Recent Topics