Two Months Post Op Today!!! Pic Included!!!!

Ashley G.
on 2/19/12 7:58 am - VA
My, my, my... what an interested past two months this has been! It's amazing to think that exactly two months today, I almost lost my life on an operating table, and was facing a 3 releases/admittances and a total of 19 days in the hospital. It's fascinating the lengths that we are willing to go to to live a normal, healthy life.  

I weighed in during my hospital stay at a whopping 335 lbs... and this morning I was at 263!!! My feeding tube hole is almost healed up, as well as an open wound that I developed from a faulty original feeding tube. My only problem now is that I have very elevated liver enzymes... but I'm trusting in the Lord to take care of that issue for me. I'm feeling so much better, and hopefully I will be starting back to work at the beginning of March. It's so funny how boring "relaxing" gets. I guess you can't appreciate it when you have no choice to do anything else. I still have some stomach discomfort (laproscopic ended up in open surgery) and I look a little lumpy lol.... but I'm hoping it will smooth itself out. I'm finally weening off of my pain medication and  hopefully won't be needing that for much longer either.

Learning to eat has been a challenge for me. I've made my mistakes, but still no experience with that dreadful "dumping" thing yet... Slowly I'm learning to change my habits. Had you asked me two months ago (or even one month for that matter) : would I recommend this surgery? I would have said absolutely not... but now that things are looking up, I've changed my way of thinking. This has changed not only my self-esteem, but also my personal relationships and has greatly increased my faith in the Lord, Jesus.

Thank you to everyone for your ongoing prayers...

Below is a photo of me taken before church this morning. Feeling good, looking good, and it just keeps getting better!!!

momsal
on 2/19/12 8:17 am - PA
You have had an eventful 2 months   WTG  comming through it all with a great attitude!!!!1  You look very nice!
Ashley G.
on 2/19/12 8:19 am - VA
Thank you so much
mirlyn2012
on 2/19/12 8:33 am - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
 You're an inspiration with how positive your outlook is. You look great, keep it up!
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
april89love
on 2/19/12 8:42 am - NC
Keep up the good work!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Donna D.
on 2/19/12 8:43 am - Cockeysville, MD
You look great keep up the good work!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

1Haute Diva
on 2/19/12 8:48 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
You look great!!!
krystalpistol
on 2/19/12 10:25 am - TX
RNY on 01/20/12
So sorry your journey got off to a rocky start, but you look so awesome! COngrats, hope you continue to only feel better each day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 140 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics