Please help me!

WCrown
on 2/23/12 8:01 am - NE
 I had RNY on 1/24/12 and I feel like I am failing.  I started at 400 pre op and am down to 368 as of Tuesday this week, but I feel very snacky this week and I ate two small pieces of garlic ciabatta bread today (from red robin if you are familiar).  I have been eating about 4-8 multigrain club crackers here and there but I made my husband take those to work so they aren't in the house.  And I find that I throw up most everything I eat from meat to foods I shouldn't eat to eggs.  I really don't want to fail but I am not sure what the heck is going on in my head/body.  I am not looking for someone to chew me out because I am hard enough on myself.  Please tell me what you guys were eating at this stage and how much.  I am feeling very lost and out of control.
Lilyvalley
on 2/23/12 8:07 am - CT
 I can tell you that at 8 weeks out I would not eat crackers - I did it once and it did not sit well.  Whenever I am "snacky" I am usually in front of the tv or bored so I try to do something else.  That kind of snacking to me is not allowed b/c for me it is mindless eating and I do not have the will power to stop.  Are you getting in all your protein?  shakes, food, etc?  My protein shakes keep me pretty full.  I am only eating one "meal" per day usually but that is how my doc wants it.  I like chili, ricotta bake, crustless quiches, chicken with cooked onions/mushrooms/peppers.  That being said, not everything I can tolerate, you will tolerate.  Heck, some days even things I have tolerated before do not agree.  Just have to take it one day at a time and do your best.
WCrown
on 2/23/12 8:10 am - NE
 thank you.  where are you finding your recipes?  the ones I have seen are too far advanced for me.
Cherylkas
on 2/23/12 9:41 am - PA
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Jenspunky
on 2/23/12 8:22 am
RNY on 01/16/12

A few multigrain crackers doesn't equal failing. What else are you eating that makes you feel as though you are failing?

Have you tried meats like roast beef from the deli, turkey slices, etc?  My nut said the sodium in the deli meats can help you keep it down.  She also recommended adding gatorade to water to help that go down with less pain, but it tasted so gross, I just decided to deal w/the pain.  

I still can't tolerate eggs, and I had my surgery on 1/16.  

Are you getting at least 64oz of fluid per day?  I find that if I drink any less, my nausea gets worse.

Hang in there.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

WCrown
on 2/23/12 8:32 am - NE
 I do drink a lot of water.  I have found that things with red dyes make my stomach hurt bu****er goes down great.  i  know we are not supposed to gulp but i find that i occasionally do and it doesnt hurt.  I snack on string cheese mostly and I try to get a protein shake in every day but its tough because I dont like the smell of them.  It's mostly the snacking that is my problem.  Especially when I am home alone with my daughter.  I sneak in a few gold fish here and there.  Also my nutritionist is so vague and really doesn't give me much guidance which I need.  
Jennifer M.
on 2/23/12 10:38 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 I'm working on learning to sip, too.  It's really hard.  BUT, I got myself some little dixie cups at the store today to see if smaller glasses will trick me into smaller sips.  It might not be the most green solution, but why not use a shot glass for the same result?  (Just don't forget that you're not doing shots!)

Good luck.  If you figure this one out, I'd appreciate your tips!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/23/12 9:04 am
Sounds like you are right on track.  Your weight loss the first month is awesome.
Meat and eggs are foods that lots of people have problems with early out.  I could not eat chicken without getting sic****il I was 4 months post-op.  Now I eat it all the time.  Scrambled eggs still cause some uncomfort sometimes.  But hard boiled or over easy are fine.  Meat I could eat early out was tuna, crab, fish, ham, ground beef.  Make sure it is moist.  Leftovers could be a problem for a while because reheating removes moisture.

It takes time,  trial and error.  But it gets easier.

Winnie

sudemo09
on 2/23/12 9:10 am, edited 2/22/12 9:11 pm - Dover, NH
You need to stop snacking on carbs. It is a slippery slope and I would hate to see you develop a habit that is harder to break down the road.

In the beginning, I would 'snack' on SF pudding, cheese stick, SF popsicle, cottage cheese.

It is so so so so so important to change your lifestyle and habits NOW so that you are successful LATER......

I am 2+ yrs post op and I sometimes snack on things I shouldn't, but it shows up on the scale and results in a few days of reining in the diet to get back to goal.

But this early out, you really need to play by the rules to be as successful as possible.....

I wish you all the best,
Julie

Heidi T.
on 2/23/12 9:46 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 I had my RNY on 1/30/12  I am allowed to eat all meats, well cooked veggies, sf jello, sf pudding, soup broths, potatoe, cheese, and deli meat.  It is awsome to be able to eat real food again.  I am only allowed to eat a 3oz seriving at a time, so I usually just end up with meat with a little ms dash on it.  I am on schedule with calorie count as well.  I am allowed to have 400-600 calories a day and within those calories I need to take in between 60-80 grams of protien.  I am also suposed to get more than 64 oz of fluid in every day.  When I get snacky, I reach for string cheese, and I have really come to love ham/turkey deli meat wrapped in lf cheese with a bit of mustard on it. yummy yummy.  I have just be allowed to have 1 slice of low fat high fiber bread daily, as well as non seeded fruit that has been peeled.  Hope this helps :)

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 169 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics