Gang I need a refresher please at almost 5 months out what should I be eating

RainDiva
on 2/28/12 3:17 am
Ok I have really slipped lately with my food choices in started drinking pop. I feel disregarded and worthless and like a failure again. I know I need couseling for my food addiction and that the surgery didnt fix my mental issues surrounding food. But I really need support to get back on track. How much protein per meal and how many times a day do you guys eat. If any carbs? I know that I can have some complex carbs. Also, How much should I be eating total per meal 3/4 c or 1 cup. I want to get back on track. I know I am off kilter from the move and not in a routine yet, but I can't make excuses

poet_kelly
on 2/28/12 3:44 am - OH
About 3/4 cup of food, four to six times a day.  Focus on protein first, then a little bit of veggies or complex carbs like beans or whole grains.  At least 60 grams of protein a day, 80 would be better.  and at least 64 ounces of liquid a day.

Try not to get hung up in feeling like a failure and beating yourself up.  You're learning a whole new way of eating and it takes practice to get good at something new.

Go to a support group if you can, and do get help for your food addiction.  Without dealing with the addiction, I think you'll have a really hard time succeeding with surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 2/28/12 3:59 am
Thank you my friend! I am really messing up here and really scared. Its like I am losing control again. I feel like I can now eat so much

Nycm
on 2/28/12 4:27 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
I am just out of surgery but wanted to let you know I will be thinking about you. I hope you can find the help you need.

Christine

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views