Crazy Diet

safetymedic
on 2/28/12 11:40 pm - Diamondhead, MS
RNY on 03/08/12
I posted around midnight last night that I was starving. It is because some of the people I work with offhsore have talked me into a 3 day diet. It is very restrictive in what you eat and you must eat everything that is on the list. Well I am somewhat suprised to announce that I lost 5 pounds in the first day of this diet. Crazy huh! I really don't think the diet is all that healthy though. It's just a easy way to hopefully drop some liver fat before my surgery next Thursday.

Mary Catherine
on 2/29/12 12:00 am
 I am all for crazy diets that drop weight like crazy.  I think about someone with a load of bricks on their back all day.  If they can set those bricks down even for a short time, it is better than to keep carrying them.  Once they are down you don't have to pick them up again.  You are not gong to do any harm to your body in 3 day diet and looks like you are doing a lot of good.

Nycm
on 2/29/12 12:11 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
Good luck with it. These insane diets usually do work for some reason it's the keeping it off that always failed for me.

Christine

Paul C.
on 2/29/12 12:18 am - Cumming, GA
 Offshore rings to me a fairly physical job.

Most diets and in general it is a simple matter of Calories in Versus Calories out.  If you are burning more then you eat you will lose weight.  The problem in these diets is that they don't address eating habits so as soon as the diet is over we go back to eating the same way we did before which is typically more in than out.

I don't remember when but one researcher did a twinkie diet and lost weight.  I think the whole Supersize Me movie was over board in that if you do nothing but eat crap and not exercise then your weight and health will suffer.  

I know many active healthy people that eat a lot of crap but they burn it off too and so they don't gain.  If you have a lifestyle and activity level to support your intake then no worries, the problem is that many people don't.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 2/29/12 12:45 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
What is this crazy diet? And how did you stick to it for three whole days?
poet_kelly
on 2/29/12 2:41 am - OH
There are a lot of diets out there that will make you lose some weight very quickly.  The problem is that almost everyone gains it right back as soon as they stop doing the diet.  Diets like what you are talking about aren't something you could do for a long time, right?  That's why it's a three day diet.  I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it, I just don't think it provides a lasting solution for anyone.  Even if it's not very healthy, three days of not eating very healthy won't hurt most people.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.