vitamin questions- celebrate vs. all the others

graceinpas
on 3/1/12 9:46 am
 I am sure this has been asked before, but I need help here.  I just ordered the Celebrate vitamins.  What else will I need to take with these?  I was taking 3 flintstone chewables, 2 b12s, 2 calcium.  I was hoping to replace these with just these Celebrate vitamins.

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks in advance.

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/1/12 9:59 am - OH
 You will still need a separate B12 no matter WHAT multivitamin you take because we canot absorb oral B12 anymore... You will need sublingual, injections, or nasal spray instead.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

graceinpas
on 3/1/12 10:05 am
 so even though the celebrate is chewable, the B12 in these needs to be supplemented?

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 10:09 am - OH
Correct,  You can't absorb B12 well at all from your pouch because there is not enough intrinsic factor in there.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TysCandi
on 3/1/12 10:06 am
I use celebrate vitamins:

2 Complete(with iron) multi's a day (orange is the best tasting one)
3 500mg calcium a day (all flavors are ok)
1 30mg iron + vit c daily (grape is the best tasting one)

Not celebrate that I use Monday, Wednesday, Friday
1 2500mcg sub b12 (buy from walmart)
1 50,000 dry d3

HW: 326  SW: 312  GW:140

poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 10:09 am - OH
You  need two multis a day (adult multis with 100% of the RDA of stuff in it), 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate (so more than two a day), B12 and iron.  And probably D3, but that depends on your vitamin D level.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

graceinpas
on 3/1/12 10:34 am
 AAAAHHHH I thought i was replacing all of this with 2 chewable pills.  It's just the same as before!  Bummer.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/1/12 10:42 am - OH
Yes, unfortunately, the reality and the marketing of bariatric items are often very different.. Like the protein bullet manufacturers that advertise the whey protein in big bold letters even though only a minor amount of the protein in them is whey (the majority is collagen which we cannot utilize).  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 10:43 am - OH
To get everything we need, those would have to be HUGE pills.  Even then it wouldn't work because we can only absorb about 500 mg calcium at a time and calcium blocks the absorption of iron.  There is no way out of taking vitamins at least four times a day in order to get everything we need.

However, the Celebrate multis are not just like the Flintstones you have been taking.  For instance, they have selenium in them, which you need and which Flintstones does not have, and they have higher amounts of other nutrients and are a much, much better choice.

luvmylife7
on 3/2/12 1:59 am
I take Celebrate vitamins as well.. I take two ornage multi vitamins with Iron
three 500 mg of calcium and they have yummy ones, and one b12.. I think there flavors are good and not as caulky as bariatric advantage.. love them.. each..