found something yummy I can actually eat

graceinpas
on 3/2/12 11:41 am
 I have been having a hard time with finding things that agree with my new stomach.  Nausea kills me. And my latest joy is that I have trouble with milk products now....so I am really limited. I am so tired of Isopure, soup, etc.  So I have found a few things that I can eat and enjoy:  good grilled swordfish, jumbo shrimp, a certain tuna salad from our local fish market and now....Trader Joe's turkey meatloaf muffin cups.  Moist turkey meatloaf with a little sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes on top.  Meant to be microwaved (fabulous) and it comes out just yummy.  220 calories and is a perfect portion size.  4 to a box.

Thought I would share!

Happy Friday night all!

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
NewMe42012
on 3/2/12 12:00 pm
RNY on 01/03/12
I have to agree with you ~ those little "muffin cups" are wonderful and I think will always be in my freezer...perfect go-to when you're not sure what your pouch wants...:-)
DFournier
on 3/2/12 12:18 pm
I feel really bad for you folks that have trouble finding food that agrees w/ your new stomach. I am three and a half weeks out from my surgery (roux-en-y) and havent found anything yet that I can't eat (other than sugar which I am purposfully staying away from). I have had everything from fish to beef to turkey to babyback ribs to chicken and it all seems to agree with me. I haven't really tried much spicy food yet (thought I would give my new stomach a bit more time to heal) but I fully expect that it will do fine with spicy as well. I hope as time goes on, things will get better for you.
momsal
on 3/2/12 1:24 pm - PA
I hope that the food situation stays good for you   I didn't have any problem until i was about 5 weeks out  now  alot of the foods I ate before  make me sick.  
krazykay
on 3/3/12 3:54 am
Oh I enjoy those Trader Joe's turkey meatloaf muffins too-as does my "normal weight" husband. Any other Trader Joe recommendations anyone?
Most Active
Recent Topics