Not sure what is going on...

Zofo
on 3/5/12 4:19 am - CO
Hi everyone, I am brand new here and had my surgery 2/13/12. I really do feel great except for two issues. First off I feel like there is a vomit feeling in the back of my throat all the time. When I drink or eat it tends to go away for a bit but comes right back. I used to have acid reflux but my Dr. said after surgery it tends to go away. This doesn't feel the same, it feels like vomit. Any ideas?

The second issue I have is a pain on my left side abdomen. If you point to the center of your stomach and move about 7-8 inches over that is the area. It is a crampy feeling and is not there all the time, usually when I am active. My surgeon said it could be a torn or bruised muscle, but wouldn't that pain be constent? If anyone has some ideas, please help!
qnmimi
on 3/5/12 3:05 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm not sure what to tell you about the vomit feeling. Your remnant stomach is where you describe your left side pain...it's healing too...?could be from that?

jrmfairbanks
on 3/5/12 11:34 pm - NC
It sounds like you may be drinking or eating too quickly or the pieces are too large. Take your time and sip or nibble. It may take you 45 minutes to eat but it will feel much better going down.

As far as the pain on the left side, my doctor told me that is where most of the work is done and even now 4 months out it still hurts at times. Good Luck and if you need to call your doctor. They are there to help you.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 533 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 240 views
Recent Topics