Quick question re post op pain

teffytmg
on 3/7/12 12:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/15/12
 Hey all...  I am 3 weeks post op today.  Still on mostly fluids and doing well tolerating some pureed.  For the most part I am pain free except that I still have some sharp pains in my left side.  Not deadly painful but enough to annoy the heck out of me.  Is this common at 3 weeks out?  Iam hydrated and not constipated (though not as regular as pre op which is understandable with the reduced intake)   I would just like to know if this is common or unusual.  At what point (and yes I know its different for everyone but a general idea) were most of you pain free? 

Thanks for your replies

Sur wt 225 lbs.1st Goal 190 Lbs,2nd Goal 175 Lbs,3rd Goal 150 lbs. BIG GOAL 125 Lbs at a loss of 100 lbs!!!!!                
Healthyforme
on 3/7/12 12:34 pm - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
Yes, it is normal! I freaked out since it was diff than my surgical pain there! But i was told that most people have it around 3-6 wks after surgery and can last a week to 2! Mine was about 5 days!
Hang in there and good luck!

hlacy
on 3/7/12 1:07 pm - Chandler, AZ
Even at just a couple weeks out, you can have weird pains like this. Could be gas, could be from sleeping differently, could even be muscles moving that you have not moved in years! I know one of the largest surgical lap ports was on my left side, and one incision on that side too a lot longer to heal than the others. I honestly don't remember when I was totally pain free, but it was probably about a month? It sounds like you are doing well - keep it up!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Kaoz789
on 3/7/12 1:41 pm
 I still have them sporadically at 12 weeks out. I usually let them remind me to get some more fiber in. ;p

Mal
on 3/7/12 7:53 pm
Hello.  I am almost 2 years out but I remember the left side pain very well.  It took a good solid 5 weeks for me like you said more of an annoying pain, like a stitch in your side after you ran a long distance.  One day I just woke up and bam it was gone just like that.  It will happen soon for you just hang in there. 

Mallisa

HoupDad
on 3/8/12 7:32 am
RNY on 11/19/12
 I am at about the same point as you....4 weeks out today.  My incisions are healing very nicely but both of my sides are pretty achy still.  I am not sure that my left hurts more than my right, but my sides can get uncomfortable.
I hope it resolves for you soon!
Best wishes to you!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 312 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??