Surgeon

nasamidan
on 3/7/12 7:18 pm - phila, PA
My surgery is 3-22 and  must admit that I am a ball of nerves I was on the verge of not even showing up well that sort of changed at my pre admission testing yesterday my surgeon reassured me that everything will be fine he doesn't see me having problems due to me not having any co-morbilities still surgery is surgery I am still nervous not as much he said being nervous is normal was anyone on the verge of cancelling their surgery but went through with it
Well yesterday I met with the psych and nutritionist it went really well I learned so much from the nutritionist now starts the waiting for Insurance approval and my surgery date I need to keep myself busy so nervous just want this done so that I can live a healthy life with my children    
cdreamyd
on 3/7/12 7:39 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
Good lucj hun.. Its really not that bad and it will be so worth it rspecially to make yourself healthier for your babies..
nasamidan
on 3/7/12 7:48 pm - phila, PA
Thanks cdreamyd I am so nervous I hope they give me something to relax me and yes being healthy for my babies is on top of my to do list
Well yesterday I met with the psych and nutritionist it went really well I learned so much from the nutritionist now starts the waiting for Insurance approval and my surgery date I need to keep myself busy so nervous just want this done so that I can live a healthy life with my children    
dasie
on 3/7/12 7:42 pm
Being nervous is completely normal.  My surgeon kept telling me I would do fine, and I had comorbidities.  Having this surgery was the greatest gift I gave myself.  I really cannot express how thankful I am for renewed health and vigor.  I walked/ran 4.5 miles yesterday and worked out at the gym.  Pre-surgey....I could barely walk through Walmart for any extended period of time; I always looked for the nearest bench to occupy.  I was reclusive and was in a very, very sad place.  This surgery has completely changed my life.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Pre surgery I would come to these boards and remind myself thousands of people are having this procedure....if they can do it, so can I.  Stay focused and stay positive, and you will be fine.  See you on the loser's bench.

nasamidan
on 3/7/12 7:47 pm - phila, PA
Thanks Dasie I always read your post or comments secretly admiring how great you look I just can't wait to wake up in recovery and it's over with I have researched and researched until I know almost everything from pre op to post op I have five beautiful children that I need to be healthy for I just can't go through life like this anymore plus I broke my ankle in June the doc said it healed well but I still can barely walk I know it's the weight if I get some off my legs I know that my ankle will feel so much better can't wait to be on the losers bench
dasie
on 3/7/12 9:02 pm
You are well prepared for this and will do fine.  I look forward to reading about your success.

Most Active
Recent Topics