I think it's the sugar alcohol.....

Nycm
on 3/9/12 4:21 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 I have been having some tummy issues and could not figure out what was causing it. I slowly through the process of elimination have concluded that I must be sensitive to sugar alcohols.  When I put sugar free Hershey's syrup in my PS this afternoon it sent me running to the bathroom within 15 minutes. So I think that must be it.  Yesterday was fine up until that PS this afternoon I was fine.  Now I'm cramping and running.  Thanks for all the insight on this issue yesterday. 

Christine

Kelly L.
on 3/9/12 4:32 am - San Jacinto, CA
I hope you have it figured out!! No fun getting the trots! Are you using milk or water in the PS? Cause sometimes milk is the culprit too :(

HW 274. CW 129

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/9/12 5:33 am
I get that and worse with SA... good luck...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

manda2108
on 3/9/12 6:18 am
I have issues with sugar alcohol as well. SF Puddings that have it and the natural line of quest bars both make me super ill. Best of luck!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/9/12 7:19 am
Are you using milk in your PS?  You could have become lactose intolerant.  I did.  Milk gives me the runs but I can eat cheese and yogurt.

Winnie

Nycm
on 3/9/12 7:28 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
No milk in the PS , jus****er. I went back to basics a few days ago because the runs we're driving me insane. The only thing that has caused it is the PmS made with Isopure with water, ice, a Tbs of peanut butter and the Sugar Free Hershey's syrup. I'm thinking maybe the sugar alcohols in the SF Hersheys.

Christne

Most Active
Recent Topics