Husband says I'm too old for those clothes.

qnmimi
on 3/11/12 1:15 pm, edited 3/11/12 1:16 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Hey...I just saw some cropped shirts like I used to wear in the early 80's at Target the other day....I'll be 51 in september, and I think if you think it looks good, wear it. Since when do you have to be a teenager to wear fancy jeans for cripes sake? Give the "old man" a cosmopolitan magazine, and tell him to bone up on fashion trends!!!       PS,  I resisted the temptation to wear cropped tops with tight jeans like I did back then!!!

stellasnyder1
on 3/11/12 1:27 pm - Williams, AZ

Thanks everyone for all your posts. I will wear them and see how I feel in them. After all they are so cute. If I feel like they are giving the wrong impression I will hand them down. I love this place it is so helpful when I need the encouragement! You are all so great! THANKS!

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
Lori320
on 3/11/12 2:11 pm
I will be 52 next week and am almost 2 years post op. I was so looking forward to the day when I could fit into a pair of "sparkly butt jeans." When I finally purchased them a few months ago my husband thought they (and me) were the cutest thing!! I say you go girl!! You have earned it and wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing!!
BugdocMom
on 3/11/12 4:23 pm - CA
I really consider my husband's opinion about his preference for makeup, hair, or fashion if he expresses it (which he doesn't very often.) When he looks at me, I want him to think I am beautiful. If he has a hideous shirt that is embarrassing to me (or the mustache he tried to grow this month...LOL), I sincerely hope he considers how I feel and doesn't wear it around me regularly. And he does. He has an awful Hawaiian shirt and only wears it very occasionally although HE loves it and he shaved that monstrosity after a couple of days of making a point;) There is a way I wear my hair that he really doesn't like. I love it, so I wear my hair like that when he is not around or when I really want to, but not all that often. I don't want him to think that I don't consider his opinion important, nor do I want to purposely cause him to find me unattractive. Our mutual respect in that area has not changed during the entire 18 years we have been together (skinny and fat and skinny again).
Kaoz789
on 3/11/12 5:38 pm
 BS. My moms 61 and I buy her cutesy rhinestone clothes that she wears! True she still has this strange flower and lace fetish that I can't break her of, but she looks wicked good in the capris and baby shrugs she gets when we go shopping together. 

Maybe DH is the one that is feeling insecure? If you love 'em, wear 'em. 

Rock on!
Tamie

Skinnygirlme
on 3/11/12 5:52 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 I say wear 'em proudly! You've EARNED them! Also,let your husband know that you respect his opinion, but the jeans make you feel terrific!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
jazzycatz
on 3/11/12 10:55 pm - Joppa, MD
Aww...now it sounds like he is worried that you might catch the eye of other men.  Or even younger men.   It's one pair of jeans tell him to settle down.  Wear them proudly.  Shake your butt in front of him and say, "you don't think they look good on me?"  Let him see how attractive they make you feel.  (That butt shaking works for me almost every time  and I am 45)

But...sorry...I do tell women that just because you can fit in clothes in the Jr's department doesn't mean we should be shopping there.  Not all the time.  Which you are not doing.  The occasional pair of jeans...especially when so many larger women missed out on the junior wear when we were younger is not a crime. 

Now go shake that butt....

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 11:21 pm
I don't know your hubby but based on my life experience it seems like (a) men sometimes say stupid things, they can't help themselves, and (b) he might be jealous that you will get attention from other men (younger ones!) because you look so cute in your new jeans! I would say wear them as long as they fit right. You've earned it.

Here's a perfect example of a dumb thing my man said to me over the weekend. I said I've lost 45 pounds and can really see it all over. He said "You can? I don't see it especially in  your stomach." I at first got pissed but then remembered the source. He is supportive of me now having the surgery but didn't want me to have it at first. He was in a bad mood when he said it and said he just meant I look better than before but am not thin yet. Well thanks. I don't need validation from him that my weight loss is visible - everyone tells me it is and I can see it for myself. I decided I wasn't going to let his dumb comment hurt me because it's so untrue. I think he was just trying to discourage me because he was in a bad mood. Whatever.
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/12/12 1:53 am
I think they are too young for HIM...  He get used to it.
Have it - flount it... flirt with him.. I bet he would not mind that... if he does...- call him old ***** lol.. go on dates with him...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

fresmaestra
on 3/12/12 1:55 am
Tell your husband don't hate on your new stylish clothes.  You're hott now and you should show it off!  Wear whatever you're comfortable in!  Being he's your husband and he loves you, I would think he'd be supportive and understanding.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 204 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics