Husband says I'm too old for those clothes.

stellasnyder1
on 3/11/12 11:18 am - Williams, AZ
Now that I can fit in cute clothes I bought a pair of jeans (junior size 13) with jewels on the back. They are very cute. Tight on me but hold in all the lose skin. Yes, I would never had worn them before the loss but they also didn't make them in a size 24. I just turned 48 yesterday and don't feel 48 yet my husband says I am told old for clothes like this.  He says I am trying to dress to young now. I don't wear clothes that are revealing just a cute pair of jeans....My girls and mother say they are cute on me but now I feel self consious that I shouldn't wear them.....Thanks for listening..

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
kellyp3039
on 3/11/12 11:22 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 Wear whatever you are comfortable in.  Sorry he rained on your parade.

IrishIze
on 3/11/12 11:23 am, edited 3/10/12 10:26 pm - NJ
You know, prior to the surgery one of my pet peeves was women over 35-40 who wear 'junior' style clothes. Then, after my surgery I kept finding myself in the Junior department!! I finally had a couple of very good friends advise me to 'step away from the Junior Dept'. I don't really know how I feel about it now. I guess certain things I would wear, but I do try to avoid the real 'junior-y' looking things.

But - you need to do what makes you feel good - we only go around once!!
Irish......  

Relic_Goddess
on 3/11/12 11:23 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
 psssh, whatever. Wear what you want. so long as your booty isn't hanging out of them. So what if tehre are a few jewels on the back? You deserve happiness. :D
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 11:32 am
I bet they are fabulous jeans!! tell him 48 is NOT OLD!!...
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/11/12 11:40 am - Baltimore, MD
You wear your jeans. You've earned them!

Maybe he's feeling a bit out of sorts with all your changes? I dunno but you wear your jeans proudly!
Hillery82211
on 3/11/12 11:42 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I hope I'm not raining on your parade too, but here's my take (and I'd guess maybe what your husband was TRYING to say).

I personally think that while style is a very individual thing...in some ways its hard to maintain age appropriateness while staying true to your individual style.  It can be hard to balance the two.  Jeans with rhinestones, lots of designs and patterns especially on the rear end, can sort of seem sort of juvenile and "teenager trying to look older and sexy".  I'm not saying you shouldn't wear them...that's your call.

If what you are going for is the "fit" of the jeans (tighter to hold in the loose skin) or what is just a great fitting pair of jeans that flatter you rear end and assets and are not "mom jeans" then I'd say maybe try a few stores that are not Jr specific like Gap, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, Holister, even Aeropostle.  They will have jeans that "fit" like JRs,  but you maybe able to find jeans w/o the rhinestones, embellishments and such.  There is also the "not my daughter's jeans" brand that they carry in Nordstrom and Macy's (I've also seen stand alone stores) where the whole point is a great fitting pair of jeans w/o the Jr look and embellishments.

Good Luck!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/11/12 12:11 pm, edited 3/11/12 2:41 pm - OH
I think you should wear whatever you want to wear -- and if you feel good in them, that's  ore important than what anyone thinks, but I do admit that I sometimes see women "of a certain age"  -- hey, I turn 50 this year, so I can say it, LOL -- wearing very youthful clothing (which is not necessarily revealing at all) that makes them look a bit silly. (I probably wouldn't put jeans with "jewels" on them in that category, but I guess it might depend on how heavily the manufacturer used the "Be-dazzler" or what type of design, if any, they create.  If you have a sparkly unicorn on your butt, though, then, yes, I would say it might be too youthful!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

littleskie
on 3/11/12 12:22 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Ok I see nothing wrong with most embellishments. It's not like your wearing "juicy" across your backside. BTW i'm 47 so your my age.

I'd personally wear what I wanted but let him know that he's loved and appreciated. He could be feeling insecure.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

ibelieve_inme
on 3/11/12 1:03 pm - MI
I have to reply to this one!! Since I've had surgery my 27yo. daughter has been handing me down her clothes, especially jeans.....she gave me a great pair of 'Hydralic" jeans that fit so good, they are the kind that have worn spots on the legs (LOVE THEM)  My husband says the other day "Can't we afford to buy jeans without holes in them" lol ...also I am 52....I am a T-shirt and blue girl and I wear what I please.

Although I do ask my daughter if something looks too young or too tight!!.....or if I buy new jeans I ask her if she will wear them after I'm done with them....so I guess my opinion is wear whatever makes you feel good!!!
 I Believe.......   HW 267    SW 251     Goal Weight  160  
Most Active
Recent Topics