Any Advice on Weight Gain?

Skoonie
on 3/12/12 1:32 pm - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
I'm looking for all and any advice you are willing to give and I am calling my Nut tomorrow. I had surgery on Jan 31st I've lost 33lbs and all of the sudden overnight I gained 6lbs. I am getting about 70g of protein a day here is a sample of what I eat. Breakfast 1 egg usually either in egg salad or fried in cooking spray, mid morning protein shake, lunch 1/4 c Chicken salad or maybe refried beans with salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, Supper 1/4 c or 2oz lean protein usually a evening snack might be a cheese stick or 1/4 c cottage cheese. Saturday night I ate 2 strawberries and 2 small slices of bananna. Sunday morning I was up 6lbs, I am about 4 days into my monthly cycle. FRUSTRATED is what I am I just worked out of a 10 day stall on weight loss because of not getting enough protein. I also allow myself 2 saltine crackers sometimes to go with my egg or chicken salad my Nut said that was fine. I am walking every day so I am getting exercise. Please if anyone has any advice I am totally open to it.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/12/12 1:59 pm - OH
A sudden gain in just a day or two is almost always nothing more than water retention. Keep in mind that it takes about 3500 calories MORE than you expend to gain a single pound of fat, and you know that it isn't possible that you ate over 30000 extra calories in a couple of weeks let alone in just a couple of days.

You're doing fine.  Dont let it stress you out!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

DanniGirl423
on 3/12/12 2:07 pm - Columbus, OH
 Probably water retention.  I had my surgery on January 23rd and sometimes I will gain like 4lbs, and then a few days later I will be down 6 lbs.  I know it is hard, but I  try not to weigh myself everyday.  It will drive me insane.  Maybe try setting one or two days out of the week to step on the scale.  Were you wearing a lot of clothing and shoes?
Skoonie
on 3/13/12 3:15 am - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
Thanks ladies I thought it might be water weight and after talking to my Nut today and reading your post I feel much better about it. I tend to freak out over stuff lol but thanks again for your post