Surgery Monday March 19th....Nervous

Leisa L.
on 3/15/12 3:57 am, edited 3/15/12 4:03 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Hi, this is the first time writing on here.  I am not much of a writer, but I do READ a lot of the forum topics and have learned a whole lot of things that are helping me to get ready for surgery and post surgery.
To be honest, I am nervous even though I am not showing it to others (meaning my sig other).  No one else knows except a few people in a suport group I go to once a mo.  I do not want my family to know ( they live  a s great distance from me in diffrent directions).  I do not want to hear any negative feedback from anyone and I am not sure how they would respond to my decision to start a new healthier life.  I also feel alone in this because not many know what I am doing.  I just need some support and some "ata Boys" .  I know I am making the right decision, I just wish I wasn't so secluded.
Well, thats my short story and I am sticking to it!    LOL

Thanks for reading,
Leisa

Sunnygurl
on 3/15/12 4:24 am - VA
RNY on 02/28/12
You have come to the right place for support.  This forum really is terrific and offers alot of value, encouragement and information. 

I'm just a few short weeks post-op and really feel great.  Not alot of people know that i had the surgery either, because of the negative feedback.  However, i did inform my family.  They had alot of questions, and i had the answers.  I was ready and prepared for them.  And i have their support. 

I think it really helps to have a support team or at least someone you can talk to that will hold you accountable during this journey. 

We are here for you...  hang in there and keep an eye on the road and another on the goal. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and keep us posted.

L. Matteson
on 3/15/12 5:46 am
RNY on 07/02/12
Congratulations on making the decision to live a healthier life! 
You go girl!! This is the best decision you will have ever made!

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 3/15/12 6:20 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I am right there with you , I am scared too, my conversion will be 4/4. I think about it 24/7 and that just makes things worse.
EVERYONE I know who has had the surgery , including 2 daughters and 2 neices all came through just fine.
I just keep telling myself that my surgeon I totally trust( NOT the one on my signature, don't know how to change it) would not do this if he thought I would have a bad outcome. I am actually the second smallest BMI he has done, hopefully things are o.k. after the band removal so he can continue on to bypass.
I think there is something kind of fun in not telling people , I have of course and have been surprised that everyone has kept their mouths shut , especially that they know how I was so upset when my daughters had it done 6 years ago, and I didn't keep my mouth shut then , now I know why they were mad at me !!
Will be praying for you on the 19th

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

mskris8199
on 3/16/12 2:35 am
RNY on 03/06/12
You can change your surgeon under My Account, My History and then Surgeries
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

Kristina679
on 3/15/12 7:52 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
Mines the next day i am so sacred but we will both be on the losing bench good luck
Leisa L.
on 3/15/12 3:58 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Hope to keep in touch with you on this journey.   

Leisa L.
on 3/15/12 1:24 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Thank you all for your encouragement, I don't know what else to say, but I really appreciate it a bunch!
From what I have read in all the other forums, I know you all are so supportive and I like all the advise & suggestions.  That alone has been very valuable in helping me to prepare for surgery and what to expect after (although everyone is diffrent) I has helped me to prepare mentally and so it really helps calm me. 

Thank you so much,

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 207 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 274 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 142 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?