Surgery all done.

Sttephanniie
on 3/15/12 10:15 pm
RNY on 03/13/12
Hey everyone I was opertaed on Tuesday and discharged yesterday from the hospital. I can't beleive it happened lol. Well I'm home now and a bit nervous. I know I'm suppose to drink really slow but I don't know whatt really slow means. Should I take an hour to drink my carnation full liquid? Should i do the same with water? I'm nervous you know that I'm not getitng in all the liquid i need. Also my stomach has been hurting a little bit on the left side does that sound common? If only one of the nursers could have come home lol.

Indycoltskayla
on 3/15/12 10:18 pm - IN
RNY with
 Hello! Congrats on your surgery. That's exciting! I have a suggestion with your liquids. My friends surgeon made her drink out of a infants sippy cup. It may sound ridiculous but I tried it after my surgery on 2/20 and it was a lifesaver because I had to train myself how to sip. Good luck :)
poet_kelly
on 3/15/12 10:30 pm - OH
Yes, it's normal for you stomach to hurt.

There's not a certain amount of time you should take to drink.  You should drink as slow or as fast as feels comfortable for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kahwren
on 3/15/12 10:33 pm - MI
Everything you have described sounds pretty normal. Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip! Welcome to the loser's bench! Karen

TammyH968
on 3/15/12 10:48 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Welcome home.  Those first couple of days are rough not knowing what to expect but it does it easier.  I remember having to take very small sips and being really gassy.  But its all normal.  Good luck with your journey.

carvsh
on 3/15/12 10:52 pm - Virginia Beach , VA
Congrats!!! and welcome home!
I'm only 3 weeks out and I too sometimes get overwhelmed with not knowing what to do. Sip Sip Sip.
but sometimes my new pouch tells me I've sipped enough, sipped too fast, but sometimes it tends to hold more and I freak out thinking I've already stretched it!
I keep those little cups that they used in the hospital - they're like 2 tbs. For the first week, I kind of used those to keep track and slow down.

Healthyforme
on 3/15/12 10:59 pm - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
Good job! Just remember that the first month is really the hardest IMO, just hang in there and take it easy on yourself! It really does get better. Welcome to the Losers bench! It is a great place to be!

slashes
on 3/15/12 11:19 pm
Relax and take a deep breath. I remember when I got home I  seemed to forget everything I learned leading up to my surgery. It is normal to be nervous, but listen to your body and just follow the plan that they sent home with you.
Pain is normal girl - you just had a major surgery, BUT if it feels abnormal call your surgeon's office. Just take it easy and do not over do it.

Congrats and welcome to the journey - you are on your way !!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Lady_Samantha
on 3/16/12 12:26 am - Wellfleet, MA
 Hi Sttephanniie, Welcome to the losers bench I also had surgery on Tuesday. I have been sipping and walking four laps around my basement apartment. Every time I eat I'm nervous as to how fast or slow I eat. For me its all trial and error. Right now I'm drinking 8oz of chocolate instant breakfast no sugar added, of course. I'm going to try a sippy cup to see if it can train me to drink slower. I know I'm drinking slower than usual because I'm scared of making myself sick. Good luck.  

Sttephanniie
on 3/16/12 1:12 am
RNY on 03/13/12
Yes I'm doing the the same I need to buy a sippy cup though. I am as well scared to drink too fast so I'm going very slow. Have you eaten yogurt yet?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics