4 week post op appt...at 5 weeks out....

Nycm
on 3/27/12 11:48 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 I had my appt today.  I am down 16 pounds since surgery.  The surgeon is very happy with my loss.  She says I still have a lot of swelling in my abdomen due to the allergic reaction to the glue they used on my incisions.  She said it will be another month before that's really gone.  She said to wait three more weeks before increasing my excessive to more than walking.  

I return June 1 st for a check of my bloodwork and another weigh in.  

I also met with the nutritionist and got prescription iron and actigall (something to take to protect my gall bladder).

Christine

Joanna C.
on 3/27/12 1:46 pm
Congratulations! It's always nice to read about others doing good after their big day.
Joanna
Melissa G.
on 3/27/12 3:28 pm - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
I had Lap band Surgery 2 years ago and then had it revised to a by pass on Feb. 27th.  I had  a horrible reaction to the glue (dermabond) when I had the Lap band surgery.  I spent 5 hours in the ER with a number of Dr's trying to figure out what was wrong. It felt like my stomach was burning from the inside out.  I was on benadryl for a month before I could even function.  Make sure that you never have it used again for an incision. 
It will get better, but it was a good month before it stopped burning.  I am so sorry you are going throught that. 
Congrats on your weight loss, that is exciting. 
I am only able to walk as well.  Today I picked up a bag of groceries that was too heavy and I felt some pain in my stomach, so that was a good reminder that I need to chill a little longer.  My understanding is that it take 6-8 weeks for us to heal internally.
Good luck to you and I hope the reaction gets better for you soon!
Melissa

Most Active
Recent Topics