The great, the good, the bad and the ugly of my week!

wvugal89
on 3/27/12 11:09 am - MD
My lovable constant companion of the last eighteen years is sick and I have made the decision to let her go this coming weekend. I do not want to see my Kirby falter any more. At first I thought this could derail my week and emotionally it has, I have snapped at all of my students, almost cried twice at school and just want to hide or take the week off.

I have been an emotional eater bt I am proud to say I haven;t done it. I did have a few jelly beans but that is all. I am spending as much time with her as I can.

I had my 3 month follow up yesterday and I am ahead of where my surgeon thought I would be which is awesome! My potassium and iron are low so I am taking horse pills with potassium and adding iron and vitamin c at night. We had yet to talk about goal weight, in my head I wanted to get to 155 which is what is on my ticker. He has me aiming for 135. He thinks that is where I should be. I think I weighed 135 when I was 2! So I am wrapping my head around that and as next week is Spring Break and I am heading home to Myrtle Beach where I will put Kirby to rest. I needed a bathing suit and found one!

So overall it has been a crappy week which is going to get worse before it gets better!

Thanks for listening!

Teri-Lynn
POI

mcalkins
on 3/27/12 11:16 am - Cheyenne, WY
I am so sorry about your lovable companion.  I know how much it hurts and the enormous loss.  I will keep you and Kirby in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

JFinn
on 3/27/12 1:47 pm - AK
RNY on 02/29/12
Your post touched me in two ways. First my maiden name is Kirby and second I lost my companion of 13 years a couple of months ago. I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to have them leave our lives. I totally understand the emotions. I hope this goes peacefully for you and Kirby.
sweet-tart2012
on 3/27/12 3:54 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
   I know your heart is breaking.  It almost killed me when I had to put mine down to sleep.  I cried the entire time and then several weeks after.       Hang in there, it will get better.  Best wishes

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/28/12 9:36 am
teri-lynn,
im so sorry your going throught this and so sad for your companion.. i know its hard i have been tthrouught it.. sending you good vibes..
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!