Shouldn't I be happy?

virvin
on 4/8/12 2:58 pm - CO
So, I am 9 months post-op and my weightloss has come to a screeching halt. I know exactly why...I had Knee surgery in December and have limited mobility.

I am dealing with some severe depression and not just the kinda that comes during "that time of the month". I think part of my frustration is that when I look in the mirror, I still see me at 325. I try on clothes and they are sooo good; however, I'm too intimidated to go to "normal" stores. I'm down to a size 14 from a 32...even my feet shrunk as well.

Prior to the surgery, I was taking some anti-depressant meds. They just dont seem to be working lately.  I really don't want to increase any of my meds, but I'm guessing I may not have a choice. 

If anyone has any ideas of why I'm not able to pull out of this funk, I would be sooo happy!

Hugs,
Vicky

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

A. C
on 4/8/12 3:13 pm
vicky
talk to your doc about your meds, meds often will need a change after a while (not just from WLS but with 'normal folks' too) and it may be time for that with you..
i hope you feel better soon
annie

HW: 376   SW: 354  

rbb825
on 4/8/12 4:31 pm - Suffern, NY
I am not sure what you are taking but if it is an extended release which many antidepresants are  you might need to be switched.  Many of these drugs come in a fast acting form you just have to ask for one.  Back in 2010, I had major complications and got severely depressed. I took welbutrin and it really helped.  You might try it.  it is taken 2 times per day

SweetAndSassyOne
on 4/9/12 12:35 am - Kingston, Canada
Also comes in a once a day extended release tab.  Works for the full 24hrs as opposed to 12 hours.

SweetAndSassyOne
"Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels"

rbb825
on 4/9/12 11:53 am - Suffern, NY
that was exactly my point, we cant absorb extended release medications so taking it once per day, you wont absorb the full strength of the medication - you need to take it in the short acting version 2 times per day = that was the exact point of my post

Michelle V.
on 4/8/12 9:37 pm - Livonia, MI
So sorry you are having problems. I would definitely review your meds with your doctor. Let them know that you had RNY & see if your meds need switched.

As for the knee surgery, you might want to look into chair exercises. They are targeted for people in wheelchairs. Your library might have VHS or DVD's for checkout.

L. Matteson
on 4/8/12 10:11 pm
RNY on 07/02/12
The problem may be that you don't need to be on meds any longer. Talk to your doc.

Most Active