Diarrhea

pattan59801
on 4/9/12 11:54 am - Missoula, MT
RNY on 04/04/12
5 days out and diarrhia just started????????

Jackie M.
on 4/9/12 12:01 pm - Fairhaven , MA
Hi there,  the diarrhea started around the same time for me too.  Lasted a few days and was very dark.  I have heard it is because you are only comsuming fluids, sooo fluids in , fluids out.  When you start having more of a solid consistency in your food the diarrhea will go away. 

Cheryl C.
on 4/9/12 12:02 pm - NY
RNY on 02/29/12 with
As a few wise people around here once said, "Don't trust a fart!!!"

At LEAST for the next week!!!

Good luck, and stay near the bathroom!

Cher    

Melissa G.
on 4/9/12 12:05 pm - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
I had diarrhia as well around my 5 day mark and it lasted a couple of days.  Then the constipation set in and honestly, that was much worse than the diarrhia.  Good luck to you.  It will pass.

1Haute Diva
on 4/9/12 12:05 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Very normal... But just wait, once you start foods you'll then have to worry about constipation. Not fun!!
- Shaw

Kat Kat
on 4/9/12 12:34 pm - AZ
LOL, sorry to laugh, but if you don't you'll cry. Post-op your bm's will never be the same. Just when you think the fun is over from the diarrhea, constipation sets in, and once you get a grip on that, it's back to diarrhea again. As one poster just said..
.NEVER, EVER, TRUST A FART! Oh, and believe me, you'll have so much gas that OPEC would happily have you sign a contract with them. Welcome to the losers bench in downtown Pooperville!

Kat