ok I need advice

mbrown1
on 4/11/12 1:22 am - sunbury, OH
I'm in this hungry hole. I feel like I'm in a place where I cant get full and stay full. Are there foods that you have found that you can eat a little and feel full and keep that feeling for a little while. I'm 2 years out and really freaked out about gaining weight back.

Thanks!

sweet-tart2012
on 4/11/12 1:44 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
roast beef, hamburger (with lettuce instead of bread), steak, egg, pork loin, etc.  I guess the meat catagory!  Beans....    Hope I helped some.     (I guess I'm saying the protein foods keep me full!)    I'm not very far out so maybe the old-timers will have better suggestions.  Let us know how you are doing!       Best wishes           

shannon0731
on 4/11/12 2:24 am - LA
are you waiting an hour after eating before drinking anything? I heard that drinking too soon after eating can cause the food to push through quicker and can cause hunger. (others, please tell me if this is true)

Are you sure it is really hunger? How far out are you?

Are you eating enough? I was told here that I should be about 1000 calories. I had still (8 months out) at 600-700 calories and was hungry.  Once I knew I got to at least 80 grams of protein, I did not go over 100. But if at 100 I was still hungry, I started adding some cooked veggies and that helped.   Also, started eating 1 - 2 percent fat Greek yogurt, cheese and milk rather than fat free versions.

speaking of water, I do try to drink 8 to 10 glasses a day. 12 oz is my shake, another 12 to 16 may be coffee, tea or crystal light, the rest is pure water.

Hope this helps!
I'm Ready!

joeyanderson
on 4/11/12 2:21 am
 Well if you are just asking about the food you should eat to make you feel full and not hungry try rice or anything heavy meal. but if you want to maintain your weight try to drink 2 glass of water then a small amount of bread. Remember drink water first that way you will feel full even you eat a little bit of bread then drink water again..
jazzycatz
on 4/11/12 2:28 am - Joppa, MD
Ok, I am going with the assumption that you are not drinking with your meals.  For me at just over a year and half out I find the denser the protein the longer I feel full.  Chicken actually seems to stay with me the longest, followed by steak and then shrimp.  Make sure you havn't added too many refined carbs back in as I know those will make me get hungry quicker. 

But I also eat about every 3 hours.  That is one of the best things I have done, I believe.  My surgeon really stresses 3 meals and no snacks but working a 10 hour day that just wasn't cutting it for me.  So I added a "snack" in the afternoon.  Boiled egg, protein bar, apple with PB, yogurt...something with protein. 

badkitten
on 4/11/12 2:57 am
I eat 6 small meals a day around 1200 cals total......oatmeal really fills me up and you can add protein powder to it I normally add flax and dried fruit.
keeps me pretty full - I feel "hungry" when I am bored.....at least I notice it more so I try to keep myself active.
mbrown1
on 4/11/12 10:49 pm - sunbury, OH

Thanks everyone! I'm 2 years out and I'm sure I don't get enough protein. I eat about every 2 to 3 hours and have maintained well, but for some reason (maybe stress) I just cant seem to stay full.I will eat and either I never felt full or it lasts like 20 min and then I'm hungry, I think I need to go back to basics because I'm sure I have started eating more carbs then usual.  so far only two lbs gained back but I know that is a slippery slope.

Most Active