First Appt May 2nd

bellamia905
on 4/14/12 5:43 am - Canada
So i have my 1st Appt on may 2nd with the  Dietitian and Social worker.. iam so nervous its insane.. iam a 27 year old female 5'0 and supposed to way 110.. i did at one time but do to my undying love of food/ stress eating iam now 250.. Can someone please tell me what to expect at these appts?? Thank you so much for your help :)
chelsea41808
on 4/14/12 8:17 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 mine just teach you how to eat right .. what to except .. talks to you about exercise .. there easy, friendly, and they are there for you .. i told my dietitian everything :) .. but of luck.. i even had to lose 10% of my weight.. i seen here for 6 months

im in the waiting process now with insurance

bellamia905
on 4/15/12 3:55 am - Canada
ok well thank you this has helped A LOT.. how long after was it that they gave you a surgery date? im thankful that im here in ontario and its covered by the health system..
dieseluncg68
on 4/14/12 9:57 am, edited 4/14/12 9:57 am
What is the social worker for?
bellamia905
on 4/15/12 3:53 am - Canada
your guess would be as good as mine.. lol
RidgebackMom
on 4/14/12 10:28 am - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
I met with an incredible therapist.  It was like talking with a friend.  What a blessing!
She suggested I get a copy and the "Beck Diet Solution".  It's a 6-week workbook to learn to think like a "thin person".  It's a great book.  I even downloaded the book on tape so I can listen to it while working.  It's been a good tool as I prepare for my surgery.

Don't panic.  Therapists, etc are people too!  If you feel overwhelmed, it's okay to take a couple seconds and JUST BREATH!     We've all gone through this an you can, too!

Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

bellamia905
on 4/15/12 3:54 am - Canada
Thank you so much.. im just a little worried about the diet change i know that i can do it and i have confidence in myself.. its just going to be hard because not only do i love to eat i come from a italian family that do also hahaha..
Most Active
Recent Topics