Massage

wrb0823
on 4/19/12 12:22 pm - IL
I'm 2 weeks post op and my back has been killing me! I want to get a massage but the exercise physiologist at my Dr's Office said I have to wait until 4 weeks because of the swelling.  Does anyone know what having a shoulder/neck massage could possibly do to my surgery?

TamaraL
on 4/19/12 12:36 pm
you could probable get a chair massage but every time i have a massage since surgery I do swell.  I drink lots of water but for some reason I have had swelling and pain.  It usually takes 2-3 days for it to go back down

Tamara

littleskie
on 4/19/12 1:55 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Massage therapy will increase blood flow. It involves more than just the muscles. It will be worth it to wait until you have the clearance from the doctor. If you need it ask him to prescribe you a muscle relaxer. It's just for two more weeks. Look at how long you have waited for other things like getting your surgery. You can wait.

Then when you are cleared treat yourself to a wonderful, relaxing massage. Maybe with hot stones and some aromatherapy.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 379 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 493 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 475 views