Pre-op diet

Char143
on 4/28/12 5:17 am - CT
 I have been on this pre- op diet for 5 days now and I am ready to eat my dog!!! How did everyone get through this time??? I have 5 more days to go....
poet_kelly
on 4/28/12 5:32 am - OH
By staying really focused and reminding myself a LOT that it was only temporary.  Try making a list of all the wonderful things you'll be able to do after you lose weight.  Read it regularly.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CindyKae64
on 4/28/12 5:36 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I have been on a pre-op diet since Monday, but mine isn't total liquids yet, I still have one meal a day per my Nut. Even though I am getting the one meal I am keeping it to a small amount. I have one more week of this then I go to total liquids for two weeks. I just try not to think about it, I time my protein drinks out so that I make it through the day without being hungry.
slashes
on 4/28/12 6:18 am
I only had to do 4 days so I was lucky, BUT even with that I was losing my mind. I locked myself in my room and when I came out I cleaned the house. Needless to say it was so clean u needed sunglasses. I even went thourgh all my clothes I would not fit in and made donation piles.

Keep ur eye on the prize - u can do it !!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Char143
on 4/28/12 9:21 am - CT
Slashes..you made me laugh...
Michelle P.
on 4/28/12 7:09 am, edited 4/28/12 7:09 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
I start my 2 week full liquid diet tomorrow. Actually I'm kinda excited and made it a game for myself to see how much I loose and if I can go the whole 2 weeks without cheating, plus if I get my BMI down a few more points I get a single incision lap instead of the 5 incisions ! Definately a motivator!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/12 7:43 am - AZ
I only have 2 weeks of protein shakes morning and noon and then small dinner
brenlee1965
on 4/28/12 8:12 am - New Berlin, NY
I am thinking that I wish my doctor would recommend something like this. Mine says, "Just lose the pre-surgery weight"....like I know how to lose weight without any issues! But they will not even consider getting approval from Insurance until I lose the pre-surgery weight and then if approved, I HAVE to keep it off til the date of surgery (or they cancel that)...I asked out the liquid diet & the answer I got was, "We don't do that here because we think it's important that the patient show us that they are willing to make changes in their eating habits and know it will be very different from what they normally do!" SO I am trying to eat Healthy choice meals and salads and drinking tons of water.
 Bren                
Char143
on 4/28/12 9:27 am - CT
Brenlee..If we could loose weight on a diet, and knew just what to do would we need this surgery?  That is crazy....Here is what I have to do...drink 64oz. of fluid a day, have 3 protein shakes, and one 2oz piece of chicken with lettuce and tomato...water, sf ice tea, coffee, sf popcycles,  Not really bad, but I really want to chew something.  It is hard to break habits..
Good luck and keep us posted...
Char143
on 4/28/12 9:29 am - CT
Thank you all for your posts...I love this blog...everyone is so helpfull
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 572 views
What's on your Monday Menu?