Got my Date...only 2 weeks until the rest of my life begins!

SkinnyDipper
on 4/29/12 1:48 am - Canada
Well, it's been over a year since I first spoke to my family doctor about this surgery and it's finally going to happen. I start Optifast on Monday and my surgery is scheduled for May 14. I don't feel nervous yet or anything, I guess I have sort of overprepared myself mentally but now to prepare myself physically will be the challenge.

Am I the only one who feels like I should be eating like I am dying today?

B

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
Melissa G.
on 4/29/12 1:53 am - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
Congrats!  I am so excited for you.  You are for sure not the only one who feels like they should eat like they are dying.  I didn't have to do a liquid diet before surgery until the day before so for the 3 days before that all I ate was junk.  I felt so sick, but I still kept doing it.  Now that I don't eat that junk I feel tons better.
Good luck to you on your surgery and don't forget to get your water in before and after surgery.  It really does help. 
Melissa

Skoonie
on 4/29/12 2:36 am - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
Congratulations! this will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Good luck on your journey

mpjones
on 4/29/12 5:36 am
You sound so happy I'm happy for you  !! Good luck !
poet_kelly
on 4/29/12 6:20 am - OH
Don't eat like you're dying.  You're not dying.  And you will get to eat plenty of really good food after surgery.  Just not right away.

Good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Michelle P.
on 4/29/12 6:45 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
My surgery is May 14 as well, started full liquid diet today! good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics