weird back pain since post op day 3

ksbrnmsn
on 4/29/12 2:10 pm
RNY on 03/27/12
I have been having terrible back pain since PO day 3. It is an ache that is evenly spread throughout my entire top 1/2 of my back and goes up to shoulders and neck. I have never had any back or muscle issues in my entire life. I have to lie on a heating pad most days and have my hubby rub muscle rub on it. He says it does not feel tense. Boy does it ache. I have mentioned this at every MD and nutrition appointment and the only reply I got was from the PA stating it may be my body realigning now that my load is distributed differently from the rapid weight loss. I asked specifically about muscle wasting ot deficiencies and was told not to worry. Does anyone else have this problem? 
KSB        
Coach2012
on 4/29/12 2:25 pm
 I also had horrible back pain for weeks after my RNY...I think the combination of lying on the hard operating table for so long and awkward positions as I healed aggravated it. I had been seeing a chiropractor pre op for neck pain and just last week went back for an adjustment and told him about the back pain and feel 100% better..back pain is gone and I feel back to normal! When you feel ready I would suggest seeing one, they really can do wonders for your back pain! Even as I lose weight I plan on continuing to see one so he can help my body adjust for the weight loss. Hopefully you will find relief soon regardless!

sweetishgirl
on 4/29/12 2:50 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I heard that back pain is associated with gallbladder.  Are they sure it isn't that?
exohexoh
on 4/29/12 3:07 pm - West Chester, PA
 i was told any back pain immediately after surgery was possible because of the position you would be in while on the operating table, but i'm assuming that would be gone within a week or two.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

ksbrnmsn
on 4/30/12 11:42 pm
RNY on 03/27/12

I had my gallbladder removed years ago. My nutritionist suggested a chiropracter as well. Maybe I'll look into that. I see MD again May 9th. I'll see want she says first.

KSB        
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views