need a kick in the backside

Solio
on 5/1/12 8:02 am - China
 i MUST start exercising!  I've been doing pretty well on the weight loss front, but I'm not exercising.  I have the time, I have some exercise programs and I have the correct equipment in my apartment.  

I have some kind of mental block about exercising.  Once I start working out, I usually enjoy it.  I just can't get myself to start!  I'm getting frustrated, but that frustration isn't leading me to do anything.  So I'm turning to you guys.

How can I get over this mental block?  What kind of incentives or goals work for you guys?  I'm so frustrated, but I'm not DOING anything about it.  How do I get over this inaction.  How do I "just do it"?  Rawr!  

Looking for some tough love here if anyone has some advice.  thanks!

A. C
on 5/1/12 8:17 am
i am very new to exercising, but here is what works for me, especially with things i a) don't want to do and/or b) feel stuck around, or unable to do..

prayer - positive thoughts - building a routine (crucial for me on everything, to be honest) - and building in accountability.

i know that all sounds hokey, but it's just my 2 cents

good luck, you can do this!

HW: 376   SW: 354  

Solio
on 5/1/12 3:01 pm - China
 the routine and accountability part are two things I am desperately lacking.  I'm not sure how to go about being accountable.  I think I will try to get a friend or family member to help me with that.  The routine part is so crucial.  I need to just do it!  

Thanks for your advice!

Dee.spunk
on 5/1/12 8:52 am - Sacramento, CA
Just do it! Really. Some days I don't want to so I start, kinda half assed, but by the time I warm up I'm giving it my all!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Solio
on 5/1/12 8:59 am - China
 Thanks guys!  I just kind of want to sit and wallow.  That's exactly what I shouldn't be doing.  Just need to stop being a whiney brat and do it!  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/1/12 9:03 am
Solio, I've been thinking about you. How's the application process going?

Okay, I struggle with this myself, but for different reasons. Are you a person who keeps lists and writes things down that you have to do? If so, write it into your daily schedule.

Is there a time of day that you find yourself at a loose end? That might be a good time.

If you're a morning person, do it first thing in the morning.

I prefer to do it in the evening because my mornings are usually me running around trying to get everyone out the door.

At the least, wear a pedometer so you can get an idea of how much you move in a day.
lillypond...
on 5/1/12 11:11 am
I exercise 6 days a week, and that is that-- I may not feel like it but I do it anyway-- after a while I miss it if I don't do it== never thought I would say that about exercising-- I do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 in the evening'' In August I will be 2 years, I am on maintenance now, I have lost 185 pounds and I have keep it off, and I own it to exercising.. so just do it allow yourself no gray area  It does a body good :)
Solio
on 5/1/12 2:57 pm - China
 that's the attitude I need to develop.  I haven't quite gotten there yet, hopefully I will.

Congratulations on your amazing success!  I hope I can claim the same track record at 2 years!  Thanks for your support!

Solio
on 5/1/12 2:51 pm - China
 hey you!

so i finished the application, but I don't think my odds of getting it are particularly high.  So, I've added on 2 more part time jobs.  I WILL make this work, scholarshi*****!  So now I have little to no free time, but I function better that way.  

I just need to stop being a brat and just DO it.  I was feeling whiny this morning so I posted.  I've been super busy as of late and exercise always comes last.  

I do move around quite a bit during the day.  Losing weight has given me a completely unexpected bonus in that I take public transport now.  I used to take taxis everywhere.  Not only was that more expensive, but I didn't have to walk nearly at all.  Now I take the bus or the sky train everywhere.  I never thought about it, but I figure I was just too ashamed of how I looked to handle public transportation.  It was never a conscious thought, but once I started losing weight, it just seemed natural to take the bus!  It's strange the things you don't do because of size!

brenlee1965
on 5/1/12 11:37 am - New Berlin, NY
I wish you the very best on getting started on the exercising habit. Maybe try to get a friend to walk with you and if walking correctly, you should be able to talk (GIRL time or guy time; depending on your friend).I wish my closest sister lives closer to my place or I to her; because she's getting ready for the lapband and I am doing RNY; we could walk together. We live 50 miles apart. I may start walking with my friends at work on lunch for 30 min; since we have an hour for lunch. Gotta make time for the new you (the healthier you) YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
 Bren                
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 360 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 337 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 353 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?