Day 8 of liquids

jasonsmith
on 5/1/12 10:32 pm - MO
For anyone getting ready to start their liquid diet, I found out its easier after day 3. Drink plenty of water, Get your protein in eat sugar free jello. I made sure to keep full of liquids at all times and have not had no stomach growling or stomach pains what so ever.  The hardest part is the head hunger or just eating out of habit. Believe me I had my doubts when I started my liquids April 25. So hopefully this will help anyone getting ready to start realize it can be done and it gets easier as each day passes.

soozieq
on 5/1/12 10:43 pm
You're almost done and then you'll be on the loser's bench!  Keep up the great work!
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
dasie
on 5/1/12 10:56 pm
Good Pep Talk.  You are right.  Drinking a lot of  water, etc helped me too.

imgettingfit
on 5/1/12 11:21 pm - Millersville, MD

You have a great attitude! 

The liquid diet seems like punishment prior to surgery, but it's such an important part of the process since it shrinks your liver, enabling the surgeon to doing his/her job well because they're able to see what they're working with in there. 

My surgeon told me it's very difficult to operate around an enlarged liver, making the surgery take longer and increasing the chance for something to go wrong.

So sip away, know that you're doing the right thing and getting closer to feeling great!
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

Turtle Lynn
on 5/2/12 1:52 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Thank you for posting this! 

I start my 2 weeks of liquids in 11 days, and I'm a bit nervous about it.  I know it is necessary but I'm not looking forward to it.  It's soooooooo good to know that each day will get easier!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

barriegirl26
on 5/2/12 2:39 am - Barrie , Canada
RNY on 07/13/12
im still waiting on my june date but i should no soon. very nervous about surgery but im even more about the optifast diet.  cant wait to get it over with
jasonsmith
on 5/2/12 3:58 am - MO
thanks everyone. one more thing when i got the call to start my liquids i really pigged out that entire month. my advice is DONT PIG OUT its probaly better to start cutting back probaly makes it little easier

Most Active
Recent Topics