Home from surgery

smittyg
on 5/3/12 4:49 am - NY
RNY on 05/01/12
 Wow, went in Tuesday morning, am home 2:00 pm Thursday. What a ride its been. Doc said no complications, smooth procedure, doc said I was a rock star!!. I'm taking in water, broth, jello, yogurt 1% milk products (stage 3 Bari diet) no problems. Thanks to all for helping me when I was wavering.  Fingers are crossed 
that no compiications will arise. oh, nice side benefit, no blood sugar headaches, amazing.
PakajunaTufty
on 5/3/12 5:00 am
This is awesome, how are you feeling? How bad is the pain now? Realistically how were the first few days in the hospital, especially pain wise?

I hope I have no complications like you, mine is exactly 1 week after yours. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I know age has a lot to do with recovery, I'm 20 so I am hoping my age will keep me complication free. =]
smittyg
on 5/3/12 5:29 am - NY
RNY on 05/01/12
 I am a 53 year old male. good shape for a max of 327lbs, surgery weight was 314. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst. My pain averaged a 5. They keep you well medicated pain wise. Right out of surgery felt like I had a heaviness in my chest. Nothing else. The worst part is the dry throat and dry mouth from being intebated and use of extensive pain killers. My total time was 2.5 days, home by 1:00 pm today. Good vital signs, good labs, liquids went down easy, no intolerance. I feel very fortunate so far.  My wife was very helpful, I highly suggest family friends / family support during this procedure.
PakajunaTufty
on 5/3/12 9:35 am
Oh thank you, this makes me feel much better. =]
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/3/12 5:19 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
Welcome home and good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics