All Done! Surgery on 4/30

Chipples5
on 5/3/12 1:46 pm
Everything went well.  I was a little nervous about the surgery because I was scheduled for 2:20pm but didn't get in until 3:30.  When the nurse said something happened in the OR and my surgeon was delayed that sent the butterflies on a frenzy.  It all turned out great though.  I have to admit that I was not at all prepared for the pain that I was in.  I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves but I read SO many posts here claiming that the pain and recovery was minimal that I really thought that I'd fit right in with that crowd.

I was supposed to go home on Wednesday night but thanks to the pain meds making me nauseous and not being able to pass gas I was told to stay another night.  No big deal.  It was safer to stay another night than to have something go wrong an hour away from the hospital.  So I finally got that gass to pass a little and they cleared me to go home today.

I feel pretty good except that I get full really fast even though I am taking small sips and I have this really awful headache.  When I exert any effort for anything it immediately feels like the top of my head is going to explode.  Could this mean dehydration?  Was it hard for anyone else to get all of their water in due to feeling uncomfortably full almost immediately?  I'm a little worried.....
Hollie313
on 5/3/12 1:52 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say congratulations!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Momaroo
on 5/3/12 2:06 pm
 Congrats on your surgery. Sorry you have had a tough time. Were you a coffee drinker before surgery? Maybe your headaches are caffeine withdrawl? Just a thought. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Momaroo    

fawnracene
on 5/3/12 5:30 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
Congrats on the surgery! As for the headaches I am not sure what pain meds your on but Vicoden gives me migraines from hell I relax and feel better take a nap and boom a killer headache.  
nursejean
on 5/3/12 8:05 pm
Hi Stipples,
I had my surgery on 4-30, too. I felt the same way. It was much more painful than I had anticipated. Ihad heard "minimal" pain, also. Not! I think the gas pain is pretty bad, plus all the internal stuff going on, too. I get really full, too. I don't want to eat/drink anything, but I continue to just sip a little at a time. I think it's normal at this time. As far as the headache, do you think it's withdrawal from something? Coffee, carbs, sugar...or it could just be stress or lack of calories.  I hope you feel better soon.
Surgery date of 4/30/12                                                                                                        
K B.
on 5/3/12 10:27 pm
RNY on 04/30/12
Hey! I had my surgery on 4-30 as well! I still am in shock that it is done. Sorry to hear about all the pain you are in. I luckily was one f the ones with minimal pain. I woke up in the recovery room not even wearing oxygen. I was completely in shock, but the dr said I cruised through surgery. The next day the gas pains got me, but I was up walking, walking and more walking. It will get everything moving. The first day I started liquids it was tough, I could barely get any in, but since I have been home I have been able to get in about 4 ounces an hour. It sure is difficult and I can tell if I am sipping to fast, but it that pain goes away and I just sip slower. I hope things get better for you and congrats on your surgery !!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 136 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?