Surgery Tomorrow!

PakajunaTufty
on 5/7/12 4:16 am
OMG, I'm starting to freak out. My surgery is tomorrow and I am just so scared. Who else is taking the journey with me tomorrow? I just want to get it over with! It seems like today is lasting forever, I can't even explain the emotions I am feeling right now! Any advice would be great!
mpjones
on 5/7/12 4:25 am
Well, I'm still pre-surgery but I do want to wish you luck--hope you fly through the surgery and recovery !!!
Suite1
on 5/7/12 5:22 am - Dayton, OH
Just know first and foremost that what you're going through is completely normal.  You're about to undergo a completely life changing operation.  With that comes the fear of failure and the fear of success, the fear of death or complications and the fear that you'll be one of the people it doesn't work for, the fear of are you doing the right thing, plus all the excitement of finally being thin and healthy.    It's a lot, but it's all normal.

Just focus on things like cleaning the house, making sure you have everything you need for the hospital (I really recommend your own pillow and a set of ear plugs - don't bother with reading material because the pain killers will keep you from focusing).   Tie up loose ends, clean, water plants, call friends, iron, whatever.

And know that when you wake up after the surgery tomorrow you are going to think WTF have I just done to myself?  And that is also normal.   Then you'll have the stress of wondering how you'll ever remember to get in all your protein, and fluid and vitamins.  All of it is just a stage and it'll past quickly.  You will get through it and you will be fine and at some point you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I wish you the best possible outcome and am sending good vibes your way.  Good luck!

tg
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Greg S.
on 5/7/12 7:40 am - Ypsilanti, MI
RNY on 05/08/12
 I just got a call that my time for tomorrow is 430am to be at the hosp and 630 for  surgery,,,,,good luck to us both !!!!  Im feeling the same way.
Jena152
on 5/7/12 3:45 pm
RNY on 05/08/12
 Good luck! I will be in surgery tomorrow too! The start of the rest of our lives!

HW:  249
SW: 241
Goal: 149

WayCoolJr
on 5/7/12 8:23 am
RNY on 05/01/12
I am six days post-op (the sticky spots from the tape (from the i.v.) are still on my hand] and I am already so glad I did it.  I can tell you I had a great experience- the nurses were so understanding & gentle.  The past six days have gone by so fast.... you'll be done before you know it!  Don't be worried (it won't help anyway); be relieved that you are in for such a positive change in your life.  Good luck!!!

Jena152
on 5/7/12 3:39 pm
RNY on 05/08/12
 My surgery is @ 7:30 tomorrow!  I am not nervous so I will take some of yours!  I have been waiting for 6 months and am READY! Good luck!!!