I survived!!!

JenK130
on 5/6/12 12:44 pm
RNY on 01/30/12
Lunch with 5 6 year olds for my daughter's birthday at American Girl.   And let me say the eating lunch part was the easiest!!!  I feel like I was robbed.  American Girl is crazy!
 RNY 1/30/12  

rbb825
on 5/6/12 2:29 pm - Suffern, NY
I absolutely love that place but maybe I can say that because I didnt have to pay.  I went with my niece, 2 friends  and sister-in-law and she paid for it all.  We  went to lunch where the dolls have high chairs so they can sit at the table and are served a plate of food as well. 

Then off to the live show which was wonderful - all about the American Girls and performed all by  young girls that looked  like the dolls. 

Then it was off to the Beauty Parlor and that was the biggest rip off - they could get there hair styles - styled - curled, straighted, cut, have make up and nails done done. The dolls looked absolutely amazing and adorable when done just very expensive.  You could even buy blow dryers, special brushes for there hair, curlers, stickers for your nails  For girls that cut the hair to a no return stage - you could get a new head with perfect head at the hospital which was the next stop =

THE HOSPITAL - there you could get new arms or legs, new head and basically anything repaired like new. They would even put on a cast or a sling if the little girl has a broken or or leg - anything to match the little girl, In  the store you can buy wheelchairs and crutches. 

Then the final stop was the store = shopping for clothes, pajamas, shoes, medical supplies - wheelchair, casts, etc, they have horses and stuff for riding, they had guitars and stuff for that, new dolls - you could go broke in that store.   You could also buy matching clothes for the children to match the doll and for bitty baby to match to match American Girl and to match the child,                                                               

soozieq
on 5/6/12 10:29 pm
Ugh.. you are a braver soul than me!  I took my daughter to the American Girl store in Chicago when we were on vacation but she was only 2 years old and not very interested in dolls.  (We went with other friends and they bought stuff for their kids)

I have no desire to go back.  It was a MAD HOUSE!!!!!  I'm also not willing to pay that much for a doll. lol
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Most Active
Recent Topics