Water arobics

karincarter2
on 5/14/12 9:21 am - Altoona, FL
RNY on 06/27/12
Is any one doing water arobics as there exericze routine, tell me what you are doing?
poet_kelly
on 5/14/12 9:23 am - OH
I did water arobics for a little while after surgery.  Currently I don't do anything.  My back is so bad that I can't really do much at all now.  I used to walk but now I can only go very short distances without severe pain.  Just walking slowly around the grocery story is very painful for me.  So currently, I really do have a good reason not to exercise.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Vicki D.
on 5/14/12 9:34 am - TX
RNY on 06/12/12
 I do water aerobics 5 times a week and love it (my favorite part is the hot tub afterwards). I started in February along with a diet the surgeon put me on and so far, I have lost 80 pounds, I added cycling on a recumbant bike last month when the weight loss started slowing down and am back to about a pound a day. I am waiting for approval from the hospital now and then should be having my surgery (soon I pray).
livis1965
on 5/14/12 9:48 am - NE
RNY on 06/22/12
 I have done water aerobics pre surgery and it helped me to lose some weight.  It is so much easier on my terribly bad back to exercise in the water rather than out.  I absolutely love it, and will start it again after surgery as well.
Christine G.
on 5/14/12 10:18 am - MA
I do water aerobics 3-5 times a week, treadmill, circuit weights and most recently TRX suspension training....does great things for your arms and core! Participating in my first 5k this Sunday
Adrienne G.
on 5/14/12 12:04 pm - Germantown, MD
 I'm in love with TRX 
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

pattymac65
on 5/14/12 10:20 am
Are you asking what exercises to do or just if we've done it?  I go sometimes, its a class with an instructor at my gym.

Neaucora
on 5/14/12 11:42 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 I joined the water aerobics class. I went to the first 3 classes and that was it. It was full of old people that had mobility issues. All they did was make you snap your fingers under water or leg lifts or spinning with noodles. I wanted a real water aerobics class. Very disapointing. I wont waste my money here again.

Cheryl N.
on 5/14/12 11:43 am - Des Moines, WA
I love water exercises, but unfortunately, after every classes, I shiver for an hour afterwards, so not worth it for me anymore.  The water temp isn't that warm.  I'm weird, I know.  I prefer being in the warm ocean in Florida or Hawaii, and whenever I get out, I don't shiver.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

grmadeb01
on 5/14/12 2:07 pm - FL
i do water aerobics in my pool in my back yard...i use to take a class LONG ago while i lived in montana....i do alot of what we did then...i do alot of leg lifts to the sides and fronts...then i do big leg circles and small leg circles fast small ones...flex your foot it helps...i also do what we call leap frogs..i plan to work up to 300 of them..its like sit ups in the pool, but you do them standing up....i know sounds really weird, and will be hard to explain them....but you have to be somewhat close to the deep end where you can jump a little and not go under water.. you jump up, bend at the waist and pull your legs up put soles of feet together if you can get them there when you raise them up to under your butt....hands go down to reach the soles of you feet.....all at the same time....if you can imagine....thats why they are called leap frogs....do a fairly fast pace makes them easier...and not too shallow of water or else you get the impact....jump up and arms go down and feet come up, then stand straight, then do it again...just dont swallow too much water. haha
then i also take the float board and pu**** down like a weight on each side of the arms one arm on each side...push and pull the board in front of my chest....push down with the board in front with both hands...then i use the kick board to sit on and pull myself across the pool and back using only my arms..then i lay on kick board and kick back and forth across the poll
if course this is all done with music, but not necessaly on the beat as some of it is very fast..but i have tons of line dance muisc from my line dance classes and it has a good beat to dance to, so i use it in the pool too...just not a dance routine.i have tried to do some of the line dances in the pool and oh what a difference it makes...

im thinking this is what you were asking as to what we did in the pool...if i am wrong..sorry....
have a great day..
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views