not having a good day emotionally

TTBoogu
on 5/17/12 2:59 am - Nashville, TN
good morning everyone.  The last few days have been really low days for me emotionally.  Back in the day I would've turned to food for comfort but I have grown tremendously over the last few years.  My health is relatively good and I'm thankful for that.  Its just dealing with the lonliness of my journey. 

I work a lot and they pretty much keeps my attention span but the past few days I have come in around 5ish and went to bed.  Sad because I had noone to go to the park with, to go to dinner or movies wth, so I went home and went to bed to sleep it away.  I thought that dating would get easier now that I have lost most of my weight.  I've been part of dating sites for the past 2 years and not much luck.  I am coming to the conclusion that it just may not be in the cards for me. 

I live alone and do most things by myself and its only sporadically that it really bothers me.  Writing it out has helped me some.  Thanks for allowing me to vent. I called to get a new appointment with my therapist and I can't get in until June.   I will get past this once again. 

Just venting

Tammy TTBoogy

HW - 464/PW - 441.5/SW-428/PW - 211
HW= Highest Weight/PW=Weight I started Program/SW=Surgery Weight/PW=Present Weight

wendydettmer
on 5/17/12 3:24 am - Rochester, NY
I'm sorry you are struggling right now. Good for you for not turning to food for comfort when you are struggling.

Big hugs to you!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

TTBoogu
on 5/17/12 4:18 am - Nashville, TN
thanks so much Wendy. 

Tammy TTBoogy

HW= Highest Weight/PW=Weight I started Program/SW=Surgery Weight/PW=Present Weight

Hollie313
on 5/17/12 3:54 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I'm so sorry.  =(  My mom is in a similar place, too.  I suggested for her to get a pet.  Whether it be a kitty, a puppy or whatever, pets give so much unconditional love.  I've only gone briefly without a dog and I was miserable.  There is nothing better than coming home to my Buster's adorable face that is so excited to see me.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

TTBoogu
on 5/17/12 4:19 am - Nashville, TN
they take so much work and with me having to travel for work, that would leave them neglected.  Maybe I will look at some options. Thanks so much for your suggestions.  I am appreciative. 

Tammy TTBoogy

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/17/12 4:16 am, edited 5/17/12 4:16 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 TTBoogu, it's a victory to see the loneliness. In the past you might have felt the urge to eat and not realized what you were really feeling.

Maybe a mate is in the cards, maybe not. Remember that marriage (and its equivalent) has hardships, too, and isn't a guarantee you'll be fulfilled and happy. 

I, too, do most things by myself and that's generally fine. Once in a while, though, it would be nice to have a companion, wouldn't it? I've vowed to start getting involved in groups and to volunteer for a cause close to my heart. I believe if you can't get love, it's very nearly as good to give love.

TTBoogu
on 5/17/12 4:21 am - Nashville, TN
That's very true, Dagne, I do so much community work right now that I couldn't handle adding anything else to my plate. :-)  

I usually do ok, but every once in a while, it just overwhelms me (the lonliness)  I think that I am going to leave work now and just go for a movie marathon.  Something to take my mind off of things. 

Tammy TTBoogy

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/17/12 4:24 am
Good for you for not turning to food. It's hard to make the transition from food being our everything to it being fuel for our bodies.

Are there some local wls'ers you can do activities with? I find that sometimes only another wls'er really gets where I'm coming from.

Sending thoughts of peace, love, and joy your way.
TTBoogu
on 5/17/12 4:32 am - Nashville, TN
I need to look up some groups and join them. thanks so much for your suggestions.  I do get exactly where you're coming from. 

Tammy TTBoogy

Hillery82211
on 5/17/12 4:30 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
TTBoogu

I don't really have any words of wisdom here, but I just wanted to say vent away as much as you need to.  I'm send positive thoughts your way.  And you WILL get past this!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11