Pre-Op appointments

Dravens_Mommy
on 5/18/12 9:05 am - VA
I finally got my appointmens scheduled for my NUT and my sleep study!!! Now I'm just waiting on a call back for my psych evaluation and we can submit to insurance!! Question: what should I expect for my sleep study??
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 9:21 am - WA
Expect to have 20LBS of wires attached all over your head and body and achored to a machine. Expect to feel like a lab rat with the cameras and the intercom.  Expect to be told to relax, have a good nights sleep. Expect to lay there and think you will stay awake all night but you will go to sleep. Get up in the morning , go home shower try to get the sticky crap outta your hair, then go to bed and sleep for real for a hour or so. I had two and might need another and I dread it for those reasons....take your own blanket and pillow so you feel more comfortable.
slashes
on 5/18/12 9:43 am
A hair full of goo. Here is a tip to get it out - Dawn Dish Detergant. They told me this the 2nd time around and it worked great. So if you are ghoing to shower there bring some with you, that goo in horrible. OH and make sure you are very sleepy going there. Good Luck.

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

lish249
on 5/18/12 10:31 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/12
 Pretty sure they nailed it!
The red light bothered me. I was worried I would pick my nose or fart.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/18/12 2:14 pm

You can bring PJs.  They put you in a room that looks a lot like a hotel room.  You can also request (before the appt.) to be set up in a recliner where I go).  They hook you up to a zillion wires they attach with the goo to mostly your head, a couple on your upper and lower legs, chest.  There is a tv in the room so you can watch tv until you go to sleep. 

The goo washed out for me with shampoo rinse repeat. 

If you have to go to bathroom they can disconnect the wires from the wall.  Its not a big deal.

If they determine you have sleep apnea you will need  to do it a second time where they hook you up to a C-Pap and determine the proper settings.

Winnie

fireflymkz76
on 5/19/12 4:45 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
 It takes like an hour for them to wire you up!!
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 496 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views